Acceptance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have realised the only thing to accept about type I is to accept that your f..ked

You don’t need to accept anything about diabetes. Don’t give it any more mind space than you need to.

I try not to but it's the disease that keeps on giving
It's a condition not a disease and as explained to you before, the better you look after yourself the less likely you will end up with complications.
As from day one you have made no attempt to look after yourself or your condition, I really can not understand why you keep on belly aching about the mess you have got yourself in.

Turn your life into something positive and tell the newly diagnosed and youngsters not to do as you did and still do.

Last edited:
I try not to but it's the disease that keeps on giving

You can’t ignore it, for sure, but apart from a few minutes of vicious hatred every so often, I try to deal with it but not think about it too much.

I became very cynical about the whole ‘cure in five years’ cr*p that appears with a depressing regularity, but these last few months I’ve become more positive about a cure and I do think we’re close. Keep going - it’s a hard journey but hopefully we’re approaching better times with this tedious condition - ie an actual cure.

The cure in 5 years always was and will be bullsh*t.
Big pharma make billions world wide of off diabetes and put none of that in to a cure, profit well outweighs anything else
You can’t ignore it, for sure, but apart from a few minutes of vicious hatred every so often, I try to deal with it but not think about it too much.

I became very cynical about the whole ‘cure in five years’ cr*p that appears with a depressing regularity, but these last few months I’ve become more positive about a cure and I do think we’re close. Keep going - it’s a hard journey but hopefully we’re approaching better times with this tedious condition - ie an actual cure.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a condition not a disease and as explained to you before, the better you look after yourself the less likely you will end up with complications.
As from day one you have made no attempt to look after yourself or your condition, I really can not understand why you keep on belly aching about the mess you have got yourself in.

Turn your life into something positive and tell the newly diagnosed and youngsters not to do as you did and still do.
Absolutely true about me,I am useless

The cure in 5 years always was and will be bullshit.
Big pharma make billions world wide of off diabetes and put none of that in to a cure, profit well outweighs anything else

Well, ‘big pharma’ might not but Diabetes U.K., JDRF, etc put millions of pounds in. In addition, many of the scientists working on a cure have a strong personal motivation. They either have Type 1 themselves and/or their children have it.

Newcastle university also does a lot of research to it is one of their centres of excellence and furthermore, they are also a centre of excellence on all things renal the two sadly often go together. But whether the funds will be put up to off the treatment that cures, is the big key....and big pharmas have too much power over our government guidelines ie NICE or as I like to call it Not so NICE.

Maybe cure newly diagnosed but someone who has had it for 40 years?

That American guy had had it for years. The principle is the same whether you’ve had it 4 years or 40 - manufacture insulin-producing cells, implant them and protect them from immune attack.

Newcastle university also does a lot of research to it is one of their centres of excellence and furthermore, they are also a centre of excellence on all things renal the two sadly often go together. But whether the funds will be put up to off the treatment that cures, is the big key....and big pharmas have too much power over our government guidelines ie NICE or as I like to call it Not so NICE.
NICE National Institute for Conning Everyone

And money too:

A national charity has donated £50 million to two leading diabetes organisations to transform the lives of people living with type 1 diabetes.

The Steve Morgan Foundation (SMF) has donated the large sum of money to Diabetes UK and JDRF UK to help them find a cure for type 1 diabetes. The donation is the largest-ever single gift in the UK for diabetes research.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back