About to start Mounjaro - your experiences?

Tinab75

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi,

I’m about to start Mounjaro alongside insulin and jardiance.

Is anyone on here taking Mounjaro and would be kind enough to share their experiences and any tips and hints please? I’m nervous about nausea and vomiting as side effects.

Thanks!

Hi

I am only on my second week, although my weight loss was less than I had hoped the first week, I still lost some, my waking BG almost halved, my appetite has reduced tremendously, and hardly any cravings. I did have a dodgy stomach for a couple of days after my first dose, but I had also just had a covid jab, so not sure which was to blame for the stomach issues.

Thank you for sharing. Have you experienced any nausea?
I did one night for a couple of hours. Hopefully some that have been using it longer will have more info for you. I took my second dose on Saturday. But happy to share my experience so far.

Hi @Tinab75 I’ve been taking MJ since the end of June, for me I’ve had no issues (other than a reduced appetite I’m eating obviously smaller portions) but that’s the idea of it
hope you get on well with it

Hi @Tinab75 I’ve been taking MJ since the end of June, for me I’ve had no issues (other than a reduced appetite I’m eating obviously smaller portions) but that’s the idea of it
hope you get on well with it
I’ve actually just taken it just now, Ive stayed on the 5mg dose (they will start you on 2.5 for the first month) have you started taking MJ yet @Tinab75

i am on week 18 of Mounjaro and 52LB down and bloods have gone from 58 to 42 in 12 weeks. i am only on 5mg with not desire to increase me dose. i do get nausea but its not constant it comes and goes. the appetite suppressant is stronger some weeks than others and i do not crave food or sweet things. things i did not expect to feel was calmer and more settled, no food noise. i have decreased my carbs and significantly increased my protein. good luck but its been a miracle for me.

i am on week 18 of Mounjaro and 52LB down and bloods have gone from 58 to 42 in 12 weeks. i am only on 5mg with not desire to increase me dose. i do get nausea but its not constant it comes and goes. the appetite suppressant is stronger some weeks than others and i do not crave food or sweet things. things i did not expect to feel was calmer and more settled, no food noise. i have decreased my carbs and significantly increased my protein. good luck but its been a miracle for me.
That is very encouraging for those of us who have only just started it or just about to start it. Well done on your weight loss, good to see that you have stayed on the 5mg, hoping that will happen for me.

Hope you get on really well with it @Tinab75

When are you due to start?

Back