About to buy a USB contour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carina1962

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I'm going to buy a USB contour tomorrow and am quite excited about it. Can i ask to whoever has got one already - does it tell you how well you are controlling your diabetes?

I use one and I love it. However, there are downsides. I don't like ity beeping at me when it tells me that I am too high or too low. The bright orange for highs and hypos also irritates me too. I don't like it shouting at me that I am in a bad way as I already know that. Then there are the pitfalls in setting yourself targets for your BG's. It's like working under a Labour government that, you have targets set but spend a large portion of the time missing them, procrastinating about them and putting onto paper your excuses for missing them.
For me the best features are the software (glucofacts), the colour screen and the notes/tags that you can attatch to an induvidual result. Whenever I remember to do it, I will up load a proper review onto my blog which has something of an interim review on it.
I do love mine despite all the above! I suppose I'm one of those who can use technology and likes it, well, in some cases!

Tom

Hehe I love it so much I emailed them yesterday and theyre sending me another one for free.... I just told them how much I like it and how handy another one would be and they emailed me today saying another one is in the post for free :D:D

Hehe I love it so much I emailed them yesterday and theyre sending me another one for free.... I just told them how much I like it and how handy another one would be and they emailed me today saying another one is in the post for free :D:D

Damn it but I am going to do that!

since when did bayer start giving these out for free? Last I heard they were only giving them out to be reviewed.

been in touch with them and they are seending me one for free

since when did bayer start giving these out for free? Last I heard they were only giving them out to be reviewed.

I just buttered them up, I guess they are more willing to give them out now since once your prescription is changed to contour strips it will be bayer seeing the profits ??? 🙄
I might just keep the new one in the box.... just in case lol 😉

I just buttered them up, I guess they are more willing to give them out now since once your prescription is changed to contour strips it will be bayer seeing the profits ??? 🙄
I might just keep the new one in the box.... just in case lol 😉

i don't think they'll send me another one, seeing as how in their eyes i already have two (sent the spare to Shiv...) and they sent me an older contour for free too without me even asking.

Plus I'm probably going to have to go over to the accu-chek ones next month anyway...what with the pump coming with its own little machine.

i don't think they'll send me another one, seeing as how in their eyes i already have two (sent the spare to Shiv...) and they sent me an older contour for free too without me even asking.

Plus I'm probably going to have to go over to the accu-chek ones next month anyway...what with the pump coming with its own little machine.

Are you getting one of those pumps that comunicate with the blood glucose monitor? my DSN was telling me bout them... Im getting an appointment about getting a pump, but not sure im going to go for it :confused:

When you start on yours sam?

Are you getting one of those pumps that comunicate with the blood glucose monitor? my DSN was telling me bout them... Im getting an appointment about getting a pump, but not sure im going to go for it :confused:

When you start on yours sam?

yeap, the roche spirit combo! Wasn't my first choice of pump, but clinic said they couldn't do any other :(

Go live on 26th July! Less than a month!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back