About inform to dvla

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinichor1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Hi i have insulin dependent diabetes since 5 years or more i never had any problem no accident no hypo assistant no problem at all but ididnt know that i have to inform dvla so am afraid if i will inform now iqould get my 3 years license back without hassle or not ot first they will revoke my license first anyone had same kind of situation and how quickly they got their licensecback pls need suggestion and experience my diabetes very well managed i want to inform dvla but afraid pls guide me
Thanks

I have not had that situation but I implore you to sort out your driving license now and inform your insurance company that you are taking insulin.
You are currently driving illegally and uninsured.

Whatever the consequence of telling the DVLA now, they will be far less than if you have an accident.

Like you, I have had no hypos that require assistance. When I last renewed my driving license, I did so online and received the new license within less than a week. It was too long ago for me to remember what happened when I first informed them and the process has probably changed since then.

Hi i have insulin dependent diabetes since 5 years or more i never had any problem no accident no hypo assistant no problem at all but ididnt know that i have to inform dvla so am afraid if i will inform now iqould get my 3 years license back without hassle or not ot first they will revoke my license first anyone had same kind of situation and how quickly they got their licensecback pls need suggestion and experience my diabetes very well managed i want to inform dvla but afraid pls guide me
Thanks
Whatever happens will happen. For now you are driving illegally so just get it sorted ASAP. As well as the DVLA application you’ll need to tell your insurance company you have a 3yr medically restricted licence.

Many years ago my dad had a car accident which nearly killed him, and was in hospital for many weeks. My brother and I were aged 2 and 6 at the time so we don’t remember much, but it was obviously a lot of stress on my mother, keeping smiling for us whilst worrying so much and doing hospital visits and sorting out finances which my dad had always done etc. Once things had calmed down a bit and he was back home Mum one day checked her driving licence and realised it had been expired for a few months! She had still been driving but in among everything else that was going on, completely forgot that it was due for renewal. She reapplied immediately and got the replacement, and nobody said anything.

Just tell the DVLA now and it will probably be fine. If you are unlucky and get into an accident, even if you are not at fault, then you'll be in trouble, for driving not according to the terms of your licence. Whether you can carry on driving while you are waiting for the replacement licence I’m not sure, maybe someone else can answer that ?

Whatever happens will happen. For now you are driving illegally so just get it sorted ASAP. As well as the DVLA application you’ll need to tell your insurance company you have a 3yr medically restricted licence.
Thanks lucyr i will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back