Abbott website issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan m

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi,

Does anyone else have issues when ordering freestyle libre U.K. from the Abbott U.K. website.

Since the site was updated to provide ‘a better experience’ for the customer, I have been unable to place an order.

I am based in England but the site insists I use an Irish mobile number.

When I enter an Irish number it tells me I must use a U.K. number.

Despite repeated requests to Abbott, no one has resolved my issue. Their standard response is for someone to ring and take my order.

Does anyone have any idea how the issue can be resolved or an escalation contact with Abbott in order to get this resolved as I want to place orders at a time convenient to me, especially when travelling.

Tried buying from another site eg amazon?

Has your account got mixed up on their system? I'd try registering a new account with a different email address to see if that works.

How frustrating for you @Ivan m

That dies sound really odd, and more like a bug than anything intentional.

Are you sometimes in Ireland when attempting to order? It may be that the shop section uses IP addresses to ensure people are living in the right location.

Have you tried clearing any cookies?

Or perhaps using a VPN if ordering while away from home?

I had this issue a couple of weeks back. I changed from Google to outlook or something similar… the e on my desktop! Hope that makes a big of sense. I am not terribly computer literate!

I had this issue a couple of weeks back. I changed from Google to outlook or something similar… the e on my desktop! Hope that makes a big of sense. I am not terribly computer literate!
I guess you mean the Edge internet browser which comes as standard with Windows nowadays.
Each browser will "save cookies" - little bits of information that webpages save on your computer that remember information about you. When you changed from Google (probably Chrome) to Edge, you started from scratch - the Abbott website had no information about you so created the cookie from scratch including where you are accessing the website from.
This definitely sounds like the cookie had the wrong information about you.
If you prefer to use Google/Chrome, you can clear the cookies. This is usually a menu item entitled something like "Clear browsing data..." available from the three dots in the time right of the screen.

Thanks helli that does make sense!

Hi,

Does anyone else have issues when ordering freestyle libre U.K. from the Abbott U.K. website.

Since the site was updated to provide ‘a better experience’ for the customer, I have been unable to place an order.

I am based in England but the site insists I use an Irish mobile number.

When I enter an Irish number it tells me I must use a U.K. number.

Despite repeated requests to Abbott, no one has resolved my issue. Their standard response is for someone to ring and take my order.

Does anyone have any idea how the issue can be resolved or an escalation contact with Abbott in order to get this resolved as I want to place orders at a time convenient to me, especially when travelling.
Have you tried changing your password, Ivan?

I seem to recall after the "upgrade" those with existing accounts were advised they needed to change passwords. I may have misremembered that, but worth a try?

Hello, thank you for the idea.

I have now reset the password to now avail, but will try again in a few weeks as it may be replicating through their systems takes time.

I guess you mean the Edge internet browser which comes as standard with Windows nowadays.
Each browser will "save cookies" - little bits of information that webpages save on your computer that remember information about you. When you changed from Google (probably Chrome) to Edge, you started from scratch - the Abbott website had no information about you so created the cookie from scratch including where you are accessing the website from.
This definitely sounds like the cookie had the wrong information about you.
If you prefer to use Google/Chrome, you can clear the cookies. This is usually a menu item entitled something like "Clear browsing data..." available from the three dots in the time right of the screen.
Hello,

I have tried to use several computers and iPads , all with the same result.

I have also created a new account and experience the same issue.

Removing anything related to Abbott from my systems and starting from scratch may be a possibility.

Thank you for the explanation and suggestions.

Some Tesco branches have them in stock but they usually sell out hours after delivery You will avoid VSAT though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back