Not open for further replies.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
So am I right in thinking this is some sort of bolus and correction calculator?

Morning very interesting and that is how I read it the data from the Freestyle Libre will feed into the Pen insulin delivery system by being connected in some way and then will automatically suggest an appropriate insulin dose.
You will always have the human choice to override the suggested insulin dose but looks a very good system in helping manage the diabetes.

So am I right in thinking this is some sort of bolus and correction calculator?

That’s how I am reading it! Smart insulin pen caps, libre integration, amd an algorithm to stitch it together?

That’s how I am reading it! Smart insulin pen caps, libre integration, amd an algorithm to stitch it together?
I'm not sure whether it works (yet) with Libre but the company seems to have that for "CGM" so I guess Abbott wants it to work with Libre. (Or they want to work on something along those lines and it's an acquihire which might have the existing product gradually disappear.)

I saw a photo of the smart pen and it looks rather larger (and to my eyes uglier) than the Novo smart pens, presumably because its interface and battery needs to be a lot bigger. (I'd have thought the interface would be better in a smartphone (or smartphone-like device) but then I think that about lots of interfaces.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back