Abbott and tax avoidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm losing track, what pump does Abbott market?

weird that i have no idea lol. but vaguely remember an email sporting thier name from my dsn a couple of year back.

i already have one of their testers.

a company that claims to care for people practising tax avoidance is a bit.... well.... how you say.... hypocritical.

Abbott don't make a pump as far as I'm aware either, Sue!

I could be mistaken but isn't it Abbott that make the freestyle Libre?

I will ensure they have no more business from me, pump or no pump. A quick google suggests they licence out their pump technology.

All irrelevant really as it is the tax avoidance and their name appearing on a list a scummy companies list.

Last edited:
Avoiding these firms would be difficult. I had a quick look at the firms listed (you can get to them through the Guardian page link ) I probably don't know what most of them do and I eat very few processed foods so hopefully I can miss some of those
I would have to ditch my libre, I would have to change banks, car and household insurance and cancel my husbands life assurance(different companies).
I couldn't replace my old vacuum cleaner with a look alike .I'd find it much harder to source English books and buy presents for the family.
I'd have to be careful what cleaning products I bought, change my shampoo, OH wouldn't be able to buy his razor blades. We couldn't change the heads on our electric toothbrush. The bunny would have to go without it's batteries (this firm has fingers in very many pies)
I'd miss our annual trip to Toulouse for all things Swedish. No longer could I consider leaping into the 21st century and buying a -pod or -phone. Sadly, I'd have to decline that glass of expensive champagne .
And oh dear, I would have to stop reading the Guardian!

Last edited:
I think, like you do Helen, that it would be very difficult to avoid using products and services from so many companies. The current tax rules allow this to happen, it is those that need changing. Tiny states and countries should not be able to deny the rest of the world the taxes they are so clearly due - the mechanisms of avoidance need closing off. Would amazon cease trading in the UK if the had to pay their fair due of tax? I doubt it. Let's not forget that it's not just companies that indulge in this sort of thing, it's also the vast majority of individuals above a certain level of income. They employ accountants to find loopholes in the rules - and it is the very same accountancy companies that work with government to set the rules in the first place! 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back