Abbot and Android - Please Talk and Sort This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am getting really fed up with this, well bl**dy annoyed now.Every thine I look today I see Signal Loss and then when I scan I get Scan Error! It's worse than having the non-GGM version. It didn't happen on Android 13 so why 14?;

Screenshot_20240324-090824.png

I am not having that problem.
I gave you tried turning your phone on and off?

What phone? What does your graph look like when it comes back, and how long is the break?

What phone? What does your graph look like when it comes back, and how long is the break?

It's a four month old Google Pixel 6. The gap was 6 hours when I woke but all the data appeared on the third attempt. On the previous sensor I had gaps on two occasions. Below is one occasion with two gaps.

Screenshot_20240312-082207~3.png

Abbot won’t be reading this forum so you’d be better off directing your request to them directly

I am getting really fed up with this, well bl**dy annoyed now.Every thine I look today I see Signal Loss and then when I scan I get Scan Error! It's worse than having the non-GGM version. It didn't happen on Android 13 so why 14?;

View attachment 29692
The phone you have is 4 months old running Android 14. When you had Android 13, was this on another phone?
My thoughts are 6 or the maximum 8 hours backfill of data transferred from the sensor to the phone may have been interrupted causing the scan error? I do have to push my NFC hotspot right on the sensor with my phone or I can get the same error message. Hope you get it sorted!

@MikeyBikey I have a 6a and can confirm it works fine on that. I'd be surprised if the differences between them would cause this.

So, we have to consider other possibilities. One reason for the message you see is if your BG is changing too quickly for it to provide a smoothed number to display. Although it's normally the 10 minute one. The frequency you're getting would suggest it's not changing quickly that often.

I'm inclined to look at two possibilities. One phone settings. Not sure what to suggest, but settings, apps, librelink, app battery usage should be on.

Finally, database integrity. I'm not one to like the knee jerk suggestion of delete/reinstall but surely anything is worth a try.

I will do - I am just venting to my friends here! 🙂 or :(
Ah ok I see, your title asked them to talk so I thought you were trying to get abbot and android to hold a meeting, due to you posting this thread.

Ah ok I see, your title asked them to talk so I thought you were trying to get abbot and android to hold a meeting, due to you posting this thread.

I think it was just an expression of frustration @Lucyr 🙂

Do you use your phone for other NFC things like Google Pay @MikeyBikey ? We have had members who have had a frustrating time with their Libre, and eventually it ended up being a hardware fault with their phone’s NFC chip.

I always found my phone was twitchier and more picky about scanning than the reader was - in the end I tended to use the Reader, as it was more forgiving through layers of clothing etc.

I think it was just an expression of frustration @Lucyr 🙂

Do you use your phone for other NFC things like Google Pay @MikeyBikey ? We have had members who have had a frustrating time with their Libre, and eventually it ended up being a hardware fault with their phone’s NFC chip.

I always found my phone was twitchier and more picky about scanning than the reader was - in the end I tended to use the Reader, as it was more forgiving through layers of clothing etc.

Yes, it was absolutely out of sheer frustration as it did not happen till I went from Android 13:to Droid 14! I used to go to the 02 shop in Hatfield Galleria which was by far the best in Hertfordshire. However, it closed in the Lockdowns and getting anywhere is a nightmare for me. Interestingly, @rebrascora had also recommended the reader in the past. My Diabetes Team want me connected via Smartphone but TBH I have had zero feedback on over a year. I think with all the patients that are overwhelmed and as I endeavour for a lower HbA1c and high TIR not really concerned. Could I download from a reader?

. Could I download from a reader?

Yes, the upload to the cloud isn’t automatic, but you always used to able to download the reader into your account.

Alternatively, you can just scan the minimum of 3x a day with your phone, and get all the other inbetween ones from the reader 🙂

Depends on whether you want to use logs etc (I never did!)

Yes, it was absolutely out of sheer frustration as it did not happen till I went from Android 13:to Droid 14!
Perhaps would be best to wait until the latest operating system is approved by abbot before upgrading phone in future? Android 14 doesn’t appear to be on the Abbott compatibility list yet that I can see

I love my reader. It is small, simple and reliable. The NFC pick up is easier than with a phone BUT it doesn't give you full CGM, just flash ie you need to scan to get readings and I need to download it to LibreView on my PC every 3 months to share data with the consultant, but if you have your LibreLink app linked to LibreView, then as Mike suggests you can just scan every 8 hours with your phone to upload the data and use your reader the rest of the time BUT you would need to start the sensor with the reader in order for both the reader and the phone to work and you only get alarms on the reader.
I find the reader battery lasts nearly a week and I scan an average of 30+ times a day, so it gets plenty of use, whereas it takes my phone battery down a lot quicker and usually need to charge that nightly, so using the reader means my phone battery is there for more essential functions but the phone can still give me readings if my reader battery does die unexpectedly, whilst I am out.

I have gone back to 4 X daily finger pricking. Fed up with loss of connection, beeping, etc. May investigate reader but for now have binned sensor. Having a really bad day with bank and utilities talking the p*ss! {seriously angry emoji}

I have gone back to 4 X daily finger pricking. Fed up with loss of connection, beeping, etc. May investigate reader but for now have binned sensor. Having a really bad day with bank and utilities talking the p*ss! {seriously angry emoji}

Sorry to hear about your frustrations @MikeyBikey :(

Hope you have a stress-free few days to give yourself a break.

Sorry to read you’re having issues. There is always the meter as a back up. (As we know.) I personally find if there is an issue? When I take a step back & pull my eye off it. It’s up & running again. Not very technical, but that’s how it goes. By the way. Your earlier post with the screenshot of the Libre graph looked good by my eye.

View attachment 29692
I had that trouble all last night as well So it looks like it could be a problem with android.Sensor only been in a week did it a few times last week as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back