Abasaglar

Status
Not open for further replies.

loum

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone
i am not Abasaglar 34 units in the morning but I don’t think its working.
As it makes no sense reading are up at 12 to 17 and it does even matter what I eat driving me mad help!!!!

Hi everyone
As it makes no sense reading are up at 12 to 17 and it does even matter what I eat driving me mad help!!!!
I think the insulin is a slow acting basal insulin which works in the background to help manage your glucose level but is not designed to cope specifically with the food you eat for which many people would also take a bolus insulin at a dose which you would adjust to match the amount of carbohydrates in your meal.

I would suggest you need to speak to your diabetic team to clarify if you need to be following a particualr dietary regime if you are seeing the high levels you are. You may need to have a different insulin or regime which would be more suitable.
A bit of information about your diagnosis and what your HbA1C is and any other medications you take would help people make suggestions.

Hi everyone
How long have you been taking this dose, and do you adjust the dose yourself or rely on someone else to adjust it for you? If you rely on someone else, when are you speaking to them next?

Hi and welcome.

Can you tell us a bit more about yourself and your diabetes so we can understand your situation a bit better and therefore make more appropriate comment.
Things like....
How long have you been diagnosed and how did that come about? ie discovered via a routine blood test, hosptial admission, symptomatic... and if so, which symptoms?
How long have you been using insulin and how many units?
Have you made any dietary changes and if so what?
Do you have much/any weight to lose?
Your most recent HbA1c result if you know it?.... This is the blood test used to diagnose and monitor the management of your diabetes.

Thew more info you can give us the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back