Abasaglar query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi guys wonder if anyone has had any issues with abasaglar quik pens lately, on two occasions now upon opening the box some of the pens have been empty of any insulin my box this morning I opened 4 of the 5 were empty the first occasion 2 were empty.
I've called the manufacturers Lily this morning and spoke to a lovely lady who's going to pass my complaint onto the production team, also if anyone else has issues I'm just raising awareness to you
Thanks steph

I hope you are also reporting it to the pharmacy that dispensed them. Was the box properly sealed when you got it. ie, did you have to break the seals and was the box sealed at both ends?

I hope they took details from you of the batch number etc. If not, then I am not sure what the production team can do with the info. This is really serious though and I wonder if it should be yellow carded somehow. You could easily be left with no insulin over a weekend or something if you went to open a new box and the pens were empty. For it to happen on more than one occasion recently to you as an individual is really quite shocking!

Hi guys wonder if anyone has had any issues with abasaglar quik pens lately, on two occasions now upon opening the box some of the pens have been empty of any insulin my box this morning I opened 4 of the 5 were empty the first occasion 2 were empty.
I've called the manufacturers Lily this morning and spoke to a lovely lady who's going to pass my complaint onto the production team, also if anyone else has issues I'm just raising awareness to you
Thanks steph
You should definitely go back to the pharmacy so they can check the other stock they have or report to whoever supplies them.

never had that issue myself with the abasaglar pens 🙂

I hope you are also reporting it to the pharmacy that dispensed them. Was the box properly sealed when you got it. ie, did you have to break the seals and was the box sealed at both ends?

I hope they took details from you of the batch number etc. If not, then I am not sure what the production team can do with the info. This is really serious though and I wonder if it should be yellow carded somehow. You could easily be left with no insulin over a weekend or something if you went to open a new box and the pens were empty. For it to happen on more than one occasion recently to you as an individual is really quite shocking!
Hi
Yes I first got in touch with pharmacy who apologised and advised I threw pens and got in touch with gp to re order them on the second occasion they didn't reply and when I went to pick them up I asked if I could open them in front of them in the pharmacy I didn't get much of a responce and left . They was no problem with the box I had to break the seal and both ends were sealed.
I did indeed pass on the lot number to lily the lady on the other end couldn't of been more lovely

Just an update.

My insulin has been taken away by DHL courier service yesterday has to go all the way to lily in France, but I'll get a report back as soon as its available

That is really good to hear that they are investigating and even better that they intend to let you know the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back