Aaaaagh

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Really in bad mood about diabetes related problems found out last week that I'm even closer to having my "good" eye operated on because of glaucoma and today is another bad day because of gastroparesis. My background insulin is spot on for good days but last night was naughty and had my first takeaway in months the result
Before bed 5.1
4am 15.1 3units humalog
9am 10.1
After dog walk 14.4 3 units homolog
2 hours later 12.5. 2 units humalog

I have not eaten a single thing since 7pm yesterday and I haven't had any low sugars it's just because my stomach is taking so long to digest last night's dinner
Sorry for the feeling sorry for myself whinge I do try to focus on the positives as much as possible

What did you have for takeaway?

Do you think there may be some liver action present?

It was small Indian takeaway but don't think it was liver action just the gastroparesis leaving food in my tummy for too long. Similarly if I have a larger than normal lunch I can't eat anything for the rest of the day, have extra humalog at 4pm, go to bed with a bg of 17.1 and my bg will go down to 5 by the morning even though I haven't had any more humalog

There must be other forces at work..........:confused:

Why would you have extra insulin at 4pm but none before your bed?

I think this sums up the erratic effects of gastroparesis on blood sugars. At 4pm my bg had gone up so I had what would have normally been enough humalog. However it went up again despite me not having eaten since lunch on that day. I didn't have more humalog before bed because previous experience with the gastroparesis (and relevant medication) suggested that the blood sugar would go down during the night. Gastroparesis has an extremely weird effect on blood sugars. Although I've found some trends it can still be unpredictable in how it will affect me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back