A year today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jusme

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Since I have been using insulin in my pump the 640G - My OH has not had to call the paramedics in once and I have had no serious hypos that he would have had to treat and since I have been on CGMs although it suspends insulin when I get to 4.5 I have still had some hypos where my BGs were in the 2s it must have been dropping really fast.

All in all I am well pleased I went on my pump and even more so the CGMs although I find them really difficult to fit with the plasters that they provide which remain slightly sticky and pick up fluff from my clothes. (I think I may be able solve that by using a piece of cotton jersey cloth kept in a plastic bag with a small shake of talc).

So many thanks to the NHS, my Hospital clinic and the super Doctors and DSNs and of course all the members of the forum who have given me so much help and information.

jusme

Great to hear you are getting on so well with your pump and cgm jusme 🙂

With the plasters do you mean the little oblong pasters with the centre cut out that go over the sensor or the IV Hand patches to cover the sensor and transmitter? I've given up with the IV Hand patches as I just didn't find them big enough and use Opsite Flexifix which I buy off the internet 1mx 10cm, I cut an oblong big enough to cover sensor and transmitter and peel off the backing paper and it works really well and doesn't leave any residue when removed.

A lot of blokes could not get my pump off me :D. Pleased you are liking Jusme 🙂

Excellent!🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back