A victory (a small one)

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Today I manged to unaided dress myself and transfer from my bed to my wheelchair YES😎

Yes @gail2, you have got to measure success against what your body can do and not against what others can do.

What is your next project? Something else you normally need a bit of help with but if you work on it, you might also be able to do by yourself. Don't be too ambitious!

PS... good to see you back 😎

Well done @gail2 - great to hear!

1727943328916.gif

So great to read this @gail2...it's a small victory yes but it's a good one.Here's hoping there will more small victories like this for you.

Congratulations on today's achievement.
I have found that keeping track of little achievements helps me when I look back.

My "broken elbow diary" includes things which seem trivial to someone with two working arms. Things like
- I put my hand in my trouser pocket
- I put my hand in my jacket pocket (higher than trousers so needed more bend)
- I crossed my arms
- I lifted my arm above my head
- I fastened my bra (one of the hardest things ever to do one handed)
Even though I still can't scratch my nose with my left hand, I have made good progress in the last fortnight.

As getting dressed unaided becomes "normal" you may forget the days when it was not possible. Seeing this achievement on 3rd October will remind you that it didn't used to be normal.

Last edited:
Yes @gail2, you have got to measure success against what your body can do and not against what others can do.

What is your next project? Something else you normally need a bit of help with but if you work on it, you might also be able to do by yourself. Don't be too ambitious!

PS... good to see you back 😎
Thanks every one for your kindness. My next target is to go out on my scooter and explore Watton on my own

helli well done may you carry on with your diary with your victorys

Back