A student - again!!!

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Lol each year I post that I'm going to study again and for the last nine of those years I've withdrawn without completing the relevant modules. So this time I'm going back to basics and have started with an OU Arts and Humanities Access course. I need to get my confidence back up and find ways to study with my eye limitations - fortunately the OU provides all of the material nowadays in very easy to access formats. So I'm a 52 year old student beginning her degree journey again in a completely different subject from her PhD. Wish me luck please. I really need to work on my confidence and ability to pace myself with my low energy levels caused by illness.

mikeyB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Good news, Amanda, I hope everything goes well. To an extent, you will be able to pace yourself, so bad days are neither here nor there.

Best of luck, but most of all, enjoy!

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Good news, Amanda, I hope everything goes well. To an extent, you will be able to pace yourself, so bad days are neither here nor there.

Best of luck, but most of all, enjoy!
Thank you

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good luck with your studies, I was an O U student in the late seventies doing science and maths courses and it was a great opportunity. I found when I was looking for jobs the fact that somebody had been motivated enough to study with the O U was a big plus. The people I know through my O U bellringing society who are current students are very complementary as to how they support students with disabilities.

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Thank you very much @Leadinglights. Before I became too ill I gained my PhD in Strategic Change/Business at a brick university and I was a Senior Lecturer and published papers. But since becoming ill with a number of conditions my cognitive, physical and mental health are not what they were, hence starting again with an access course in Arts and Humanities with a current aim of going down the Creative Writing path.
I'm really excited now that the course site is open and I've got to see some of hte course materials.