A smiley week

Status
Not open for further replies.

rspence

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hello friends,
I just wanted to let you know JP was 3 yesterday (as in age not blood sugar levels!)

He had a fantastic birthday - he got a toy kitchen unit and lots of play foods, many books a few puzzles and some wooden trains for his train set.

JP lives life to the full and is always looking out for things to learn, do, play, pretend and dream about. He is striding ahead of others his age on recognising numbers due to the whole blood test thing and has adopted and adapted a phrase from a childrens book "I'm low what a curious plan".

I made him a simple low sugar sponge cake - 2 rounds cakes sandwiched together with a teeny bit of jam and then round the middle i wrapped fruit strings, it was a yoyo cake! On the top to replace sugary icing I placed 6 mini toy yoyos. It was simple, quick and effective and my gorgeous son delcared "it's just what I wanted for my cake mummy".

I think I just wanted to brag a bit or say 'hey haven't i done well not to be overwhelmed with sadness about dealing with this condition and a childs birthday. But mostly I want the whole forum to know that Jacob Peter is adorable and I am VERY proud of him." And then today he decided that now he's 3 he can click his own finger and get blood out, and seeing as he was already preparing the clicker and monitor himself i feel extra proud of him for learning the next step.

Thanks for reading (and of course i still have many days I wished he didn't have to steward this thing but today I have peace in my heart)

Rachel

wooo what a lovely read xx happy birthday (Belated) to your little man x 🙂

Awww! He sounds very very clever indeed.

I'm glad he had a lovely birthday.

Happy birthday JP, three is a great age to be. I'm glad the birthday went well and you are very positive about everything. Your post cheered me up!

It is alway rewarding to read messages like this, all so positive and happy so well done to you and all your hard work with J, Happy belated birthday J Guess I got to start to think of something diffrent and good for Christmas (esp for Carly)

Fantastic, happy brithday big man..........:D

What a bunch of stars - JP, Rachel and all their family. Might try a yo-yo cake for my birthday next month (and I'm much older than JP!)

Bless him, no wonder you're proud!! What a pair of stars! 🙂 Many belated happy returns! He sounds like a lovely little guy, very clever too to be so involved already - a great reflection on all your hard work looking after him.

Well done! 🙂

Don't know how I missed this! Thank you for such a wonderful, heartwarming post and congratulations to you all for putting such a positive slant on everything - he sounds like a truly wonderful little (big!) boy! 🙂

Thanks

thanks for all the smiley happy messages for me and JP.
I have tried uploading some compressed photos into the gallery to direct you to so you can see the boy and his cake but not sure it worked (does a moderator check photos before they go live?)

rachel

thanks for all the smiley happy messages for me and JP.
I have tried uploading some compressed photos into the gallery to direct you to so you can see the boy and his cake but not sure it worked (does a moderator check photos before they go live?)

rachel

All there now! 🙂

thanks northener

glad to see my photos in the gallery 'friends and family'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back