A new (to me) med

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuvart

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well things seem not to going well with my numbers (risen on my last 2 checks 3 months apart) so my doc has given me Dapaglifozin 10mg on top of my 2k mg of metformin a day.
Now I'm wondering if others have this and anything I should watch out for thats not mentioned on the leaflet or otherwise.

I'm also on avastostatin, nifedipine and betahistine.

Mainly thrush and uti’s, make sure you drink lots of water to combat this.

Hope the new med helps get your levels into the target zone @Stuvart

The ‘gliflozins work by encouraging your body to excrete more glucose in urine, so keeping well hydrated is important, and you may expect to need to go more often.

The NHS has some handy information here that covers the basics

Are you also considering reviewing your menu to see if you may be able to make some tweaks and changes to help your metabolism cope better alongside the meds?

Well things seem not to going well with my numbers (risen on my last 2 checks 3 months apart) so my doc has given me Dapaglifozin 10mg on top of my 2k mg of metformin a day.
Now I'm wondering if others have this and anything I should watch out for thats not mentioned on the leaflet or otherwise.

I'm also on avastostatin, nifedipine and betahistine.
Not sure if your aware there’s also potentially great cardiac benefits with this drug, there’s a trial running in Plymouth at the moment for it improving cardiac risk, I did loose a fair amount of weight on starting it and had improvement in my sugar cravings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back