A matter of urgency regarding blog research

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
:D

when I was first diagnosed almost 14 years ago, I was given a blood glucose metre. It was huge, and grey. Any idea what this metre was called and does anyone have a picture?! Reason being, I have this idea in my head for a blog post...and this forms part of it. Part of me is saying it's a onetouch metre...

It's not an Asencia Contour is it? That's what I have, and whilst it fits in the palm of my hand, it's still giant compared to a lot I've seen, and it's blue and grey? Bayer seem to like using those colours, so it could be something they made? BTW, I have been very much enjoying your blog this month ^_^

It's not an Asencia Contour is it? That's what I have, and whilst it fits in the palm of my hand, it's still giant compared to a lot I've seen, and it's blue and grey? Bayer seem to like using those colours, so it could be something they made? BTW, I have been very much enjoying your blog this month ^_^

Hmmm...it may well be. Though I seem to remember the whole thing being grey and it had to be held with 2 hands rather than 1. I used to have to rest it on a table to test...it was 14 years ago mind you.

:D Thanks! I'm currently writing probably the longest blog post I have ever written!!!!!!!!!

when I was first diagnosed almost 14 years ago, I was given a blood glucose metre. It was huge, and grey. Any idea what this metre was called and does anyone have a picture?! Reason being, I have this idea in my head for a blog post...and this forms part of it. Part of me is saying it's a onetouch metre...

Sounds like one I had which I think might have been a onetouch II. It was about 6 inches long, 3 or 4 inches wide and 1/2 inch deep at the front rising to about 3/4 at the back. It opened up (it had a very solid case that I think you could have stood on without damaging the meter :D ) from front to back along the narrow end and took (I think though it could have been longer 45 seconds to give results). I may have the name stored on our home computer as I think I downloaded results from it at one time.

If I find out any more, I will let you know.

Sounds like one I had which I think might have been a onetouch II. It was about 6 inches long, 3 or 4 inches wide and 1/2 inch deep at the front rising to about 3/4 at the back. It opened up (it had a very solid case that I think you could have stood on without damaging the meter :D ) from front to back along the narrow end and took (I think though it could have been longer 45 seconds to give results). I may have the name stored on our home computer as I think I downloaded results from it at one time.

If I find out any more, I will let you know.

thanks 🙂 googled it, and nope it wasn't that one! The one I had was just a giant rectangular grey brick. The test strips came in a huge box and each strip was wrapped in silver foil.

This is really bugging me now haha. I'm desperate to find a picture of it!

I wiki'd, take a look at the one at the top left of the picture. Is that it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glucose_meter

is this any use?

Karina

Thanks guys. It's close, but not the one. It looks very similar but wasn't quite that big 🙂

thanks 🙂 googled it, and nope it wasn't that one! The one I had was just a giant rectangular grey brick. The test strips came in a huge box and each strip was wrapped in silver foil.

This is really bugging me now haha. I'm desperate to find a picture of it!

Yours must have been quite state of the art at the time - separately stored strips - very posh! 😎 😎 😎

Yours must have been quite state of the art at the time - separately stored strips - very posh! 😎 😎 😎

HAHAHA. yes, i seem to remember my doctor being all like 'this is a brand new one blah blah'. Or something. God it was soooo long ago

1996-00172_cat_2_small_img_2.jpg

How about this one?

Hang on, I think I might have found it.

hommedia.ashx

that looks VERY similar. Date on it says 1999 though, mine was 1996. Maybe thats the model up from it? Hmmmm! I wonder if my mum still has it somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back