A little happier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marko2020

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So my hbc1a has gone down from 106 to 96 and that's with moderate changes in diet. I'm housebound so get no exercise, however I'm away to start using a exercise bike.

Total Cholesterol
Current result: 3.8 mmol/L on 03/04/2024
Previous result: 7.5 mmol/L on 05/10/2023

HDL Cholesterol​

Last result : 2.6
Current result: 1.30 mmol/L on 03/04/2024

LDL Cholesterol​

Last result 2.6
Current result: 0.6 mmol/L on 03/04/2024

Triglycerides​

Last result 7.5
Current result: 4.2 mmol/L on 03/04/2024

Creatinine​

Current result: 73.0 umol/L on 03/04/2024

I know it's not great and I have a long way to go but things are starting to go down in many areas. I need to focus more now on the sugar levels.

Progress on the hbc1a, and great changes on the cholesterol 🙂

You can also consider seated exercises, I've seen examples of those online. And if you wanted to make seated exercises a little more challenging then you can always consider ankle / wrist weights (if such exercise is medically appropriate for yourself).

Although you have made some progress, you say you have only made some moderate dietary changes you may need to go something a bit more substantial.
Keeping a food diary of everything you eat and drink with an estimate of the amount of carbohydrates you are having. A low carb approach is suggested as being no more than 130g per day so you could see how close you are to that and try to cut back a bit more if you are over that.
Some ideas in this link for modifying you diet which may be helpful. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/
Of course you need to consider the medication you may be taking to judge whether it will be suitable.

I know it's not perfect. I had a mental breakdown past year and still suffer from mental health. Iwas giving tablets that increase your appetite and are bad for diabetics but they refuse to change them. These are night pills and since I have insomnia they kick in and I eat.

This time however I haven't ordered any junk food so it won't be in the house and I won't reach for it.

I've had nearly 2 years now with hbc1a 106 and 95 and thank God it hasn't done anything bad to me inside.

I know it's not perfect. I had a mental breakdown past year and still suffer from mental health. Iwas giving tablets that increase your appetite and are bad for diabetics but they refuse to change them. These are night pills and since I have insomnia they kick in and I eat.

This time however I haven't ordered any junk food so it won't be in the house and I won't reach for it.

I've had nearly 2 years now with hbc1a 106 and 95 and thank God it hasn't done anything bad to me inside.
Glad you are doing better..if you don't mind me asking what medication are you taking for your mental health. I am a fellow sufferer

Glad you are doing better..if you don't mind me asking what medication are you taking for your mental health. I am a fellow sufferer
I'm on 300mg venlafaxine
100mg quitiapene which are the ones that make you eat and puts blood sugar up.
Mirtazapine- forgot the dose.

I am sorry to hear about your mental health problems and that you are housebound. It is an awful lot to contend with. The good thing about this forum is that there is plenty of support.

Great to hear you are feeling better and more positive @Marko2020

Good to hear that you’ve found an effective strategy/workaround for your nighttime food concerns too.

And congratulations on the improvements to your results too 🙂

Are you getting any help and support with your insomnia?

I was wanting some advice. All day today my big toe started to get numb and every few seconds or minutes, a sharp pain came in the center of the toe. It really hurt and you can feel it like kinda pulsing . Is this neuropathy?

Great to hear you are feeling better and more positive @Marko2020

Good to hear that you’ve found an effective strategy/workaround for your nighttime food concerns too.

And congratulations on the improvements to your results too 🙂

Are you getting any help and support with your insomnia?
Hello,

No I'm getting no support at all for anything now. They blame it on lack of funding and all the Dr does is throw pills at me ever so often for sleeping.

No I'm getting no support at all for anything now. They blame it on lack of funding and all the Dr does is throw pills at me ever so often for sleeping.

Sorry to hear that. :( :( :(

Even more reason to feel proud of yourself for making positive changes to improve your health. 🙂

Sorry you are struggling @Marko2020, mental health can really mess things up. My son used to be pretty much skeletal until he went on to Olonzapine then he started eating for England. Then he got T2 and lost some weight, but he's still on medication (not Oloznapine thank goodness!) so it's hard for him.
I'm sorry you feel lonely and isolated, that's not a good place to be so sending hugs xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back