A little blog about Diabetes and how it is effecting me!

JoshW

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hey all!

I have have not been dealing well with my Diabetes (I got diagnosed early last year) and I have tried numerous things to try and shift the weight, or lower my blood sugar, however I am just too stubborn! So I am giving myself one last push to try and sort myself out.
I have decided to write a little blog. I am going to write down my journey as I enter the world of trying to manage my type 2 diabetes.

If it is allowed i have included the link www.theoverweightdiabetic.blogspot.com
I am going to try and update it as much as possible to try and keep myself motivated, and if it motivates some other people then that would be great too!

It does contain a few swear words but I am not vulgar in my use of them! and I am trying to make it light hearted and funny. Well I think I am funny but I can imagine everyone else will think it is sad.

Anyway thanks for reading this, If you fancy a laugh then have a read of it. I am new to the blogging arena, but I really want to push myself into making my diabetes manageable and right now I am going the completely wrong way! So hopefully writing my ups and downs, my triumphs and failures will keep me on track and might make some people laugh along the way.

Cheers
Josh W

Vonny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi @JoshW and welcome to the forum :) I've read your blog and wish this had been available when my 26 year old son was diagnosed 3 years ago! He has now lost his excess weight and no longer succumbs to the donuts, but he still spends an astonishing amount of time on his computer and consoles.

It's a great way for you to get your head around it so happy blogging! :)

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Keep at it, hopefully it will give you motivation :)

JoshW

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi @JoshW and welcome to the forum :) I've read your blog and wish this had been available when my 26 year old son was diagnosed 3 years ago! He has now lost his excess weight and no longer succumbs to the donuts, but he still spends an astonishing amount of time on his computer and consoles.

It's a great way for you to get your head around it so happy blogging! :)
Thank you Vonny!
I am going to update it as much as I can so hopefully it will keep me motivated! Thats fantastic! I bet it has eased your worrying as a parent! My mum worries about me constantly and that's one of the reasons why I am trying to get fitter and better acquainted with the disease.

Unfortunately we just love consoles and games :) best thing ever! haha!

thank you so much for the comment! Means a lot!

weecee

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good start Josh. Hard to put yourself out there like that. Looking forward to reading about your progress

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Welcome to the forum @JoshW :)

Hope you find it helpful, motovating and cathartic to record your experiences on your blog - I certainly did!

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
His blog, so far, is very amusing. A good idea to write everything down

PhoebeC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Great work on the blog Josh.

My husband recently joined me on a lower carb diet, he sent the benefits it was having to my diabetes. He had gained a lot of weight over lockdown, not leaving the house some days. Calories similar to yours, and as you know if you do it for a while it’s habit and the weight just keeps going.
So he went basically no carb, for a week and he lost 6 pounds, since then he has been looking at a lower calories diet and he’s done a lot of research into foods and how it reacts in the body.
He’s on about week 3 now and is well into his second stone of weight loss. he’s done fantastic actually and looks amazing, apparently he has 3 stone to go

So what I would say to you is just grab the bull buy the horns and do it!

Also it seems a lot of what you are eating is premade or packaged food.
Why don’t you start with that tuna sandwich and make it yourself with better ingredients, then it’s the same meal but better.
The do it yourself version will be less calories more than likely than the pre made. Also you can then look and say the bread and see what’s in it and make the better choice.

I would say if there’s things you no you cannot resist like my husband it’s crisps, just don’t even buy them. Throw them out tomorrow and don’t get anymore.

You can do it!

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I think I'm on your diet. :D

JoshW

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Great work on the blog Josh.

My husband recently joined me on a lower carb diet, he sent the benefits it was having to my diabetes. He had gained a lot of weight over lockdown, not leaving the house some days. Calories similar to yours, and as you know if you do it for a while it’s habit and the weight just keeps going.
So he went basically no carb, for a week and he lost 6 pounds, since then he has been looking at a lower calories diet and he’s done a lot of research into foods and how it reacts in the body.
He’s on about week 3 now and is well into his second stone of weight loss. he’s done fantastic actually and looks amazing, apparently he has 3 stone to go

So what I would say to you is just grab the bull buy the horns and do it!

Also it seems a lot of what you are eating is premade or packaged food.
Why don’t you start with that tuna sandwich and make it yourself with better ingredients, then it’s the same meal but better.
The do it yourself version will be less calories more than likely than the pre made. Also you can then look and say the bread and see what’s in it and make the better choice.

I would say if there’s things you no you cannot resist like my husband it’s crisps, just don’t even buy them. Throw them out tomorrow and don’t get anymore.

You can do it!
That is fantastic! I think congratulations are in order! Yes you are right with the pre packaged food! I need to stop being lazy and get on with the healthy foods! And a lower carb diet is by far, the best way to go, especially diabetics!
Thanks for the support Phoebe!
:) :cool: