A kick up the ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Mea Culpa and then some. My latest HbA1c is up a point, my cholesterol is up a point too. My bad.😱😡 I'm back on the straight and narrow now though. At least I managed not to put any weight on over the holidays. The one number I was really concerned about though, the Gamma GT which is the number that indicates how your liver is doing was initially extremely high at 484. It's now 125 which is a good number and a huge load off my mind.

I went through the holiday season thinking a few indulgences wouldn't matter in the scheme of things. Boy, was I wrong! I'm kicking myself now, it matters! I think I've learned that lesson.

Hi Alison im pleased your main worry was quashed and the gamma GT is alot better, I hope that things even out and you can lower your hbA next time around ,I think many of us might of had a few naughties and thought nothing of it but then when you hear something like this you realise it might come back and bite you on the bum, hopefully now things will get back on track xx

P.S well done for maintaining your weight over the festive period.

Hi Alison, good news about the liver - that was a big concern for me in the early days (still not great, although dr thinks I may have something called Gilbert's Syndrome).

Not brilliant on the others, but a starting figure and a spur to get working at it - so best of luck!🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back