A hiccup ???

EMcKT

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
I have been good since diagnosed in February. Had a friend to stay over the weekend and although we did not overeat or over drink, I was naughty!!!! After she left, I finished the red wine and the crisps AND Saturdays pudding!!!!! Today full of good intentions but I am so hungry today that I have struggled to get on the straight and narrow. Wondering if adding more carbs over the weekend than I normally eat has triggered something???? I am not testing but ...........any suggestions......apart from getting back to basics and being good.???

I find this. If my diet goes off piste and I have more carbs one day, I have cravings for a couple of days afterwards before I am fully back on the wagon and the cravings subside and it becomes relatively easy to stay on the wagon again.

Ah @EMcKT

Be kind to yourself.

Everyone strays from their ideal ‘best intentions’ every once in a while. What really matters is your obvious determination to reset and to pick up where you left off 🙂

Put it behind you, you can't change anything now, tomorrow is a new day. I suspect no damage done in the scheme of things.

Tomorrow is another day.
I remember someone saying that when they went of the straight and narrow, they made sure that they enjoyed what they ate and smiled a lot as that would use up (a few) more calories. Put it behind you and move on. Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your diet.

Yeah, when I have oats for breakfast I'm absolutely starving a few hours later.

Thank you all. I am smiling as I read this. Its the first time I have really strayed .Tomorrow is another day, think I will go back to diary for a few days

Back