A happy new year to all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrvineHimself

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
In good old Scots tradition, I am feeling a bit mellow at the moment. To explain, just before Christmas, I noticed that the Sainsbury Local immediately opposite my retirement development was selling Moët & Chandon at £35 a bottle. Since this is the same price as before the cost of living crisis, I not only indulged myself, but I decided to check the prices in other Sainsbury outlets, along with [of course] Tesco, Asda .. etc

Yep, it was a bargain. Roughly, the same bottle, without the benefit of an extra two or three years ageing on a shelf, was selling for between £45 and £50 at other outlets. 🙂

To add icing to my new year dinner cake, yesterday, I timed by visit to my nearest Tesco Superstore to perfection and managed to get £45 worth of interesting 'freezer filler' edibles for £10. With the £35 I saved, I decide [if possible] to treat myself to another bottle of champagne. Of course, by this time, other people had realised this was a bargain, as had my Sainsbury Local. They had marked the price of the existing stock with a big red price reduction sticker. Luckily, I managed to snazzle the last bottle, hence the very mellow feeling.🙂

All the best in the New Year

Irvine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back