A gentle reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
We've had a few threads recently where things have become a little heated. This can be very disconcerting for members, both new and old and is something we should aim to keep at a minimum if the forum is to retain its reputation of being a good place for people to come and discuss things.

If you come across a post that upsets, offends or angers you in any way, please click on the 'report' button so that the moderators can deal with it appropriately. I know that many people are passionate about this place (myself included!), but sometimes when everyone leaps to its defence by rounding on one or two individuals it can appear to some as 'ganging-up' and the overall effect is to sour and sully the good name of the forum.

Please make sure that your responses are polite and respectful, bearing in mind that quality of care up and down the country varies enormously, so something you think you know may be completely at odds with something someone else has always been told.

This sort of thing is thankfully very rare, please help me and everyone who cares about this place to make sure it becomes rarer still 🙂

If you come across a post that upsets, offends or angers you in any way, please click on the 'report' button so that the moderators can deal with it appropriately. I know that many people are passionate about this place (myself included!), but sometimes when everyone leaps to its defence by rounding on one or two individuals it can appear to some as 'ganging-up' and the overall effect is to sour and sully the good name of the forum.

Thanks Northerner

I tried to express sentiments similar to that above on one thread - but I didn't do it as eloquently as you.

aye aye capt' n Northe xx🙂
soz im still in pirate english from Face book !

I hope that people abide by this is all I'm going to say. It would be a shame for this place to change x

hide2.gif
Is it safe to come out yet lol.

We've had a few threads recently where things have become a little heated. This can be very disconcerting for members, both new and old and is something we should aim to keep at a minimum if the forum is to retain its reputation of being a good place for people to come and discuss things.

Please make sure that your responses are polite and respectful, bearing in mind that quality of care up and down the country varies enormously, so something you think you know may be completely at odds with something someone else has always been told.

This sort of thing is thankfully very rare, please help me and everyone who cares about this place to make sure it becomes rarer still 🙂
Yes I noticed quite a backlash recently, and only being on the forum for 2 months it did make me think of playground bullying and maybe some people got a bit out of hand. It's such a shame when this type of thing happens. Also could you let me know where the report button is located. Many thanks Sheena

i think the use of the smilies is great inorder to give a feel to text which is often how problems start because of the 'written' word ...thats why i love these !
banana.gif

its says auto generate links in which format ...what does that mean ?
eek didnt work HA
how do i paste it ypauly .....maybe i will start a new thread !
found a place in bevs hi mods thread

Last edited:
Yes I noticed quite a backlash recently, and only being on the forum for 2 months it did make me think of playground bullying and maybe some people got a bit out of hand. It's such a shame when this type of thing happens. Also could you let me know where the report button is located. Many thanks Sheena

Hi Sheena, the Report button is on the bottom left corner of each post, under the poster's name/avatar 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back