A diabetes epidemic and supermarkets who are pushers for a drug called sugar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The obesity epidemic is worsening, with drastic consequences for the nation?s health. New figures published this week show that the number of people with diabetes has gone up by more than a third in the past six years.
In 2012 alone, 132,000 new cases were diagnosed. A condition that was once a rarity is fast becoming a nationwide affliction. More than three million people now suffer from the disease ? almost 5 per cent of the entire population.
What lies behind the dramatic growth in diabetes is our excessive level of sugar consumption. This is the driving force behind our increasing weight problems and related ill-health.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...tive-drug-called-sugar.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Erm...I don't think Tesco are actually giving DUK the ?10m, it's what they are hoping to raise...🙄

I have done a lot of my own researching and testing for my own diabetes and have come to the conclusions that since low-fat foods were invented we are all getting fatter!

I for one no longer eat low fat foods - as I am trying to lose weight I just have less of the nicer "normal" foods instead. Its surprising how much more sugar is in low fat foods compared to normal. I never looked at this sort of thing until I was diagnosed with diabetes but was quite shocked to see the difference. What you thought was healthy food really isnt.

It certainly gives us something to think about.

I have done a lot of my own researching and testing for my own diabetes and have come to the conclusions that since low-fat foods were invented we are all getting fatter!

I for one no longer eat low fat foods - as I am trying to lose weight I just have less of the nicer "normal" foods instead. Its surprising how much more sugar is in low fat foods compared to normal. I never looked at this sort of thing until I was diagnosed with diabetes but was quite shocked to see the difference. What you thought was healthy food really isnt.

It certainly gives us something to think about.

Typically deceitful marketing - I used to think the same but now know differently also! 😡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back