A day of highs and lows

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingStar

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Woke up at 2am with a horrible hypo. i was so shaky I could barely get my glucose testing kit out & prick my finger - blood glucose 2.5.
Ate 3 jelly babies, waited 15 minutes and retested - 2.8. Panicked a bit and ate 5 more jelly babies. I still felt very shaky after 15 more minutes and rather than being sensible and testing again I just ate 5 more jelly babies and a slice of wholemeal bread and peanut butter. Tbh I'd have probably eaten more jelly babies as well, but that was all I had in the packet and the rest were in the car. I hadn't woken my husband so I was on my own in the kitchen. i was scared I was going to pass out while I was on my own.

Fell asleep on the sofa around 3am.
Woke at 7.45am, tested my blood - 20.1. Wanted to cry. Had 20 lantus and 12 novo rapid (correction dose plus insulin to cover breakfast carbs).

In the middle of teaching at 12 when I felt horribly shaky. Couldn't stop to test blood sugar in front of students, ate 3 jelly babies.
Tested blood at 1.15pm when I got home - 12.8. Was it a real hypo or just my imagination?

Tested blood sugar at 7.30pm before my dinner - 12.5.

I feel quite deflated. I'd kept blood sugar below 9 all week and now it seems to have gone haywire again. And to top it all I have big black bruises on the ends of 2 of my fingers where I've been finger pricking.

Was it a real hypo or just my imagination?
The only way to answer your question is to test at the time. How old are the students and why can’t you test in front of them? Do you have a desk you could sit at to quickly test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back