A day in the life: using an insulin pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say that looks written by a HCP rather than someone who actually wears a pump. Bolus directly before food, and not 15 minutes earlier?

Have to say that looks written by a HCP rather than someone who actually wears a pump. Bolus directly before food, and not 15 minutes earlier?
I’ve read it as I’m seriously considering push for a pump so I’m no expert or user but I just read it as a generalisation. The lyumjev I’m on you can give the second you eat or even 20 minutes after eating.

Adam may not be having a long drive today but how DID he get to work? Did he drive to and from there, WITHOUT testing his BG? Think we ought to report Adam to the DVLA, don't you?

Adam may not be having a long drive today but how DID he get to work? Did he drive to and from there, WITHOUT testing his BG? Think we ought to report Adam to the DVLA, don't you?
Maybe he got the bus? Since he had tested at 7am and left for work at 8:30am that is within 2hrs and would meet the DVLA guidelines anyway. He also tested at 5pm when he finished work and before exercise so no issues there. Besides he’s in Canada and I think you only need to test within 4hrs of driving there not 2.

The lyumjev I’m on you can give the second you eat or even 20 minutes after eating
Interesting that you are on Lyumjev Gill. I have wondered about switching from Novorapid, to save the need to prebolus at meals, but having tried FIASP, and not having much success I was reluctant.

Interesting that you are on Lyumjev Gill. I have wondered about switching from Novorapid, to save the need to prebolus at meals, but having tried FIASP, and not having much success I was reluctant.
I discussed trying Lyumjev with my consultant as Fiasp isn't much quicker than NR for me and he was of the opinion that it is an individual thing and my body is unlikely to respond any quicker to a different fast acting insulin than it does to Fiasp. It took me 2 attempts and months of frustration to find a way to make Fiasp work for me so I am loath to change for no guarantee of benefit and since I can consistently manage 80-90% TIR with Fiasp it is not worth the risk of aggravation for me personally, trialling it at the moment.

It’s made a huge difference. It was preb at 30 mins and needing more on lispro . I was ending up eating my meals on my own.

I discussed trying Lyumjev with my consultant as Fiasp isn't much quicker than NR for me and he was of the opinion that it is an individual thing and my body is unlikely to respond any quicker to a different fast acting insulin than it does to Fiasp. It took me 2 attempts and months of frustration to find a way to make Fiasp work for me so I am loath to change for no guarantee of benefit and since I can consistently manage 80-90% TIR with Fiasp it is not worth the risk of aggravation for me personally, trialling it at the moment.
Oh I think it is definitely an individual thing but the impression I was getting from my consultant and other lyumjev users was that it’s supposed to be even faster than fiasp. When they put me on it they actually had the lyumjev rep there at the time. Turns out I was Glos Royals first patient on it. I know I haven’t tried the others and it may have been they tried me on it as I was already on lispro and it’s lispro with added extras for the rocket bit. But it’s definitely made a difference for me.

@gillrogers I think it may make a significant difference that you are very sensitive to insulin.

@gillrogers I think it may make a significant difference that you are very sensitive to insulin.
....... or indeed because it works quicker or there's no R in the month ........ I don't honestly think until all of us have had a chance to see how lots of folk here there and everywhere gets on with it, that we can draw any conclusions about it. IMHO, naturally! 🙂

....... or indeed because it works quicker or there's no R in the month ........ I don't honestly think until all of us have had a chance to see how lots of folk here there and everywhere gets on with it, that we can draw any conclusions about it. IMHO, naturally! 🙂
Very true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back