A couple of things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

katie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Last night I was really scared of having yet another hypo in the night, so I only took half my lantus. I stayed around 7-8 during the night but then by about 6.30am I was up to 12.

Should I take the rest now, or just make up for it throughout the day with Novorapid?

Also, I keep waking up in pain :( Last week my hip was hurting and it kind of felt like I pulled something. Last night I couldn't sleep because I woke about 2am with a horrible pain in my arm :( I couldn't move without it being really painful and it made me feel as though my neck hurt too. Ive taken some painkillers now so it is a bit more bearable. I think it feels like nerve pain rather than muscle. Any idea what it could be? I can only assume
I slept on it strangely and that's what happened to me hip aswell?? gah.

I'd make up with Novorapid and give the full dose of Lantus this evening or whenever you normally have it. I say that because otherwise you'll get too much Lantus and ut will make you hypo.

Tom

Last night I was really scared of having yet another hypo in the night, so I only took half my lantus. I stayed around 7-8 during the night but then by about 6.30am I was up to 12.

Should I take the rest now, or just make up for it throughout the day with Novorapid?

Also, I keep waking up in pain :( Last week my hip was hurting and it kind of felt like I pulled something. Last night I couldn't sleep because I woke about 2am with a horrible pain in my arm :( I couldn't move without it being really painful and it made me feel as though my neck hurt too. Ive taken some painkillers now so it is a bit more bearable. I think it feels like nerve pain rather than muscle. Any idea what it could be? I can only assume
I slept on it strangely and that's what happened to me hip aswell?? gah.

Not good to cut your lantus in half katie! Hand slapped! You would have been better to eat something (bread and peanut butter?) and do a 3 am check. I would agree with Tom - cover with NR and try to take regular meals and snacks through the day so you are covered most of the time by some circulating insulin - try not to over correct though, I'm sure the temptation will be there.😱

The pain does sound as though it might be connected to bad sleeping posture - keep taking the ibuprofen or paracetamol and if it doesn't ease by tomorrow then book an appointment. I doubt if it will be diabetes related.

Hope you're feeling better soon my dear!🙂

Well that's good then. the fact you didn't hypo I mean, although no doubt a bit annoying you're starting the day in double figures :( Tom knows best and little old me would agree with him here. Regarding the pain, it's simple it the little subconcious not wanting you to go to Aus! Seriously, good chance it's sleeping posture etc, can take weeks to clear from my experience. Keep an eye on things, dare I say it but sleeping with lots of booze won't help if it is a sleep instigated thang. Maybe ibuproven gel ? Keep an eye on it all and have a good weekend girl😉

Not good to cut your lantus in half katie! Hand slapped! You would have been better to eat something (bread and peanut butter?) and do a 3 am check. I would agree with Tom - cover with NR and try to take regular meals and snacks through the day so you are covered most of the time by some circulating insulin - try not to over correct though, I'm sure the temptation will be there.

The pain does sound as though it might be connected to bad sleeping posture - keep taking the ibuprofen or paracetamol and if it doesn't ease by tomorrow then book an appointment. I doubt if it will be diabetes related.

Hope you're feeling better soon my dear!

Sorry Mr Notherner Sir. The reason I didn't just eat something is that I was already full up of indian takeaway! I was really surprised I was only in the 7s after that. I wasn't in my own house and it's even worse having night time hypos at someone elses :( I was just 8.2 before lunch, so that's not too bad.

The painkillers have kicked in enough so that it doesn't hurt when I keep my arm still, but still can't dress/undress myself lol. I feel like an old lady.

Well that's good then. the fact you didn't hypo I mean, although no doubt a bit annoying you're starting the day in double figures :( Tom knows best and little old me would agree with him here. Regarding the pain, it's simple it the little subconcious not wanting you to go to Aus! Seriously, good chance it's sleeping posture etc, can take weeks to clear from my experience. Keep an eye on things, dare I say it but sleeping with lots of booze won't help if it is a sleep instigated thang. Maybe ibuproven gel ? Keep an eye on it all and have a good weekend girl

Yes, glad I didn't hypo AGAIN 🙂 I was starting to think something/someone is trying to stop me going 😉

Thanks for your help my loves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back