A bit of the old dawn phenomenon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddie99

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Damn it but it does seem to me that I have a little of the old dawn phenomenon. I've been doing 3am tests recently and have been getting sixes and sevens. Trouble is, a few hours later I have been waking up on things between nine and twelve. It must be the damn weather doing this to me. So, I've upped my basal between three and seven in the morning from one unit an hour to 1.05 units an hour. Let's see what tomorrow brings...

Hope it works, the dawn phenomenon is one of the main reasons I can't wait to get my pump. I will be interested to see how this goes for you.

This morning I had a seven point nine at three in the morning. Whe I woke up at six I had a seven point four. It seems to be working!

Tom

oooh sounds like its working now then :D definatley the heat i think , i had to put my basal up too a couple of days ago

Glad to hear it worked out, much easier than waking early and having a top up jab.

Glad to hear it's worked tom, I'm finding this heat is playing havoc with my levels I keep getting random high's so i've had to up my basal again xx

I've had a nice old heat related hypo today. Just one day without a hypo would be nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back