?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you would be better eating some sweets like jelly babies or having some dextrose to get your sugar higher, not chocolate though, that won't help you, full sugar drink might help. It really needs to be higher so you don't risk a hypo. Please be careful

Please do not go to sleep until your levels are at least 5 and preferably higher.

It really needs to be higher so you don't risk a hypo. Please be careful
Just to clarify 3.8 is already a hypo, anything below 4 is considered a hypo xx

I got it UP and droppet and up and dropped again. I give up

Did you eat longer-acting carbs after your sugary food? It sounds like your basal insulin might need reducing.

To answer your question - no, it’s not safe to go to bed with a 3.8mmol. Aim for a minimum of 8.

Here is some information about low blood glucose (hypos) @Stressabeccy

Sometimes your BG can be low with no warning signs, or only very subtle ones). It is really important to treat those lows quickly too - otherwise your warning signs may become unreliable.

Just to clarify 3.8 is already a hypo, anything below 4 is considered a hypo xx
ah okay, still learning and not on meds, so I just knew she was too low, but hadn't realised it was already a hypo - thank you for the heads up, appreciated, I will try and remember that info now.

Inka? Do you meen i have to have 8 in blood sugar when i go to bed? Isnt that whey to hight? Or was that Just for yesterday? Now have i Nice blood sugar for a change

Here is some information about low blood glucose (hypos) @Stressabeccy

Sometimes your BG can be low with no warning signs, or only very subtle ones). It is really important to treat those lows quickly too - otherwise your warning signs may become unreliable.

But i dont feel it sometimeS. Nothing. Thanks for information

But i dont feel it sometimeS. Nothing. Thanks for information
Some people don't realise they are hypo because they are having low levels too often, so they lose awareness that their levels are dangerously low.
Many people taking insulin would want their levels to be above 8mmol/l when they go to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back