96% in range

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoventryTrev

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
It's been eight months since I became T3C after having my pancreas removed. It's been a long hard battle with my health but today I can finally see the rewards.
Over the last three days I have been 96% in range, the best I've been. I would love to get to 100% but I'm not going to kick myself over 4%.

Attachments

• 20230216_213018.jpg
    20230216_213018.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 16
Good for you. It's been 7 months since I was diagnosed as T3C, ending up in A&E with DKA, although I might have been considered high risk since November 2018 when I lost about 40% due to acute pancreatitis. I too have been 96% in range for the last 3 days, although I've only had the CGM for a couple of weeks.

Certainly do not - well done that man indeed - better than winning the FA cup probably! (and it's been quite a long time since that happened to Cov City and even longer since the Baggies did it - and I remember and watched both on telly!)

Well done to you both 🙂

Excellent news. Think your attitude is definitely right as well - celebrate the good news but don't beat yourself up if you don't quite get perfection.

It's been eight months since I became T3C after having my pancreas removed. It's been a long hard battle with my health but today I can finally see the rewards.
Over the last three days I have been 96% in range, the best I've been. I would love to get to 100% but I'm not going to kick myself over 4%.
Amazing! Well done!

Delighted to read this Trev. Many congratulations on a fantastic result! Not wanting to take anything away from your brilliant achievement, but I am guessing the Dexcom One is suiting you better than Libre and making things a little less frustrating?

Happy to report I have just started on the Libre 2 last month and I am also doing loads better with that, thanks to your Libre 2 reader. I have dramatically reduced my time below 4 and despite my reluctance to use alarms overnight, they are proving very worthwhile at catching me just before I dip into the red, so I can prevent it but without disturbing my sleep greatly. ie. I am back to sleep within a minute or two of eating a JB, so really improving my TIR and looking forward to my consultant being an even happier man! :D

Many congratulations to @kit.kendal too.

Great achievement from both of you and I am so pleased you have posted as, apart from putting a smile on my face, I am sure it will be inspiring to others. Just don't be too despondent if you can't maintain quite such good results long term..... Great if you can without impacting your quality of life..... but don't forget anything more than 70% is good enough.
There can be a risk of burn out and you have to always keep that in the back of your mind and know that it is OK to not always maintain such a high standard..... but by all means revel in the moment!! You earned the spotlight.

Amazing stuff @CoventryTrev

You should feel very proud of yourself 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back