780 user ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumper_Sue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Can someone kindly tell me what blood glucose monitor comes with the pump please?

It comes with a Guide Link meter which can be linked to your pump. You still have to then confirm any reading sent on you pump.
I have stuck with my AccuChek meter and just enter BG when required. Usually once per week with Guardian 4

It comes with a Guide Link meter which can be linked to your pump. You still have to then confirm any reading sent on you pump.
I have stuck with my AccuChek meter and just enter BG when required. Usually once per week with Guardian 4
I am using my Guide Link Meter, but tempted to go back to my Accuchek, a lot more button presses, confirmations etc and the test strips are loaded in a ridiculously small tight fitting case for my shovel hands!!

I am using my Guide Link Meter, but tempted to go back to my Accuchek, a lot more button presses, confirmations etc and the test strips are loaded in a ridiculously small tight fitting case for my shovel hands!!
I found that I just didn’t have the dexterity to remove the strips for the Guide Link meter. Also although it was linked, as you had to then confirm the reading on the pump I couldn’t see any benefit in the link. I went back to my Accu Chek meter and just type the readings in when necessary

Now using Guardian 4 and, with the adjustments for wobbles that happen with lopping, I am happy to bolus from a sensor reading, so don’t do a BG for meals at all. I am just doing one BG to callibrate at the start of the week, and then only using BG meter If hypo or very weird readings.

I found that I just didn’t have the dexterity to remove the strips for the Guide Link meter. Also although it was linked, as you had to then confirm the reading on the pump I couldn’t see any benefit in the link. I went back to my Accu Chek meter and just type the readings in when necessary

Now using Guardian 4 and, with the adjustments for wobbles that happen with lopping, I am happy to bolus from a sensor reading, so don’t do a BG for meals at all. I am just doing one BG to callibrate at the start of the week, and then only using BG meter If hypo or very weird readings.
Yes, other than staying with the guide link meter, let’s be honest on average only used once or twice a week with G4/780, I follow a similar route as you

Do you get periods when your pump drops out of looping? ‘Exit in ….’
Sometimes it is because I have the pump on the wrong dose of my body, but other times I am not sure why it happens as the pump is near the sensor. there are the failed sensor times and it goes into updating which are obvious, but it is the blips That are weird, and if I knew why I could do something about it.
Very much a minor irritation rather than a problem.

Do you get periods when your pump drops out of looping? ‘Exit in ….’
Sometimes it is because I have the pump on the wrong dose of my body, but other times I am not sure why it happens as the pump is near the sensor. there are the failed sensor times and it goes into updating which are obvious, but it is the blips That are weird, and if I knew why I could do something about it.
Very much a minor irritation rather than a problem.
No, I haven’t experienced any “sensor updating” messages and to be fair hardly any alarms , deep joy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back