70 yrs award

Status
Not open for further replies.

leenevitt

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just wanted to say i meet a lovely gentleman today who had just recieved his 70 year award!!!! yes 70 yrs with DIABETES... before testers and all the luxuries we have now!!!!!.. so remember although yes its a bag of pants having this... we are so lucky now... just wanted to mention it..🙂

What an odd thing to get an award for!! But good on 'im!! Must've been hard coping with it all way back when!

xx

WOW WOW 70 years i wish they had been piccies of him recieving that award , as you say lee and your totally right back then i bet it was a was far from ideal x nice post lee ty for mentioning that

Just wanted to say i meet a lovely gentleman today who had just recieved his 70 year award!!!! yes 70 yrs with DIABETES... before testers and all the luxuries we have now!!!!!.. so remember although yes its a bag of pants having this... we are so lucky now... just wanted to mention it..🙂

For those interested, you might like to read Richard's account of 62 years with diabetes at http://www.diabetesdaily.com/forum/type-1-diabetes/16845-62-years-type-1-diabetes-counting

Richard is a lovely man who posts on a few boards and has recently received his 60 year Joslin Medal!🙂

I'll be getting mine when I'm 109...😱

Agreed Leenevitt, Diabetes is pants - but better to live with it than the alternative! And we're benefitting from the life experience of people like the "70 year" gentleman you met - and that's why many people choose to support current research to improve life for people with diabetes in the future. Bet "your" gentleman had some good stories to tell?!?

I can think of a lot worse things to live with than diabetes, even if it is pants at times. The gentle man getting the award has seen many changes and we certainly have much more now than he had when first diagnosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back