7.9 bsg in morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

robrace

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Type 2 for nr 3 years.blood sugar levels were about 6.3.6.5 first thing in morning!Just resumed random testing again and have found BSG levels 7.6.7.9 in morning!! Take one metformin a day .I had a diabetes “checkup” in April.Dr said my 3 month BSG was 52!Should i be worried?

Probably a bit higher than you want especially if it is higher than your last test.
It is easy to become complacent and for the diet to slip so revisiting your carbohydrate intake and reducing portions and maybe being careful of those 'extras' that have snuck in more regularly than they should.
Some more strategic testing of what foods you can tolerate may pay off in that you can cut out some of the culprits. So test before you eat and after 2 hours and if you see more than 2-3mmol/l increase or more than 8.5mmol/l then the meal is too carb heavy so make some substitutions or reduce portion of the high carb food. Making a food diary alongside your reading would help to see where you could make some savings.
Diabetes is a condition where your tolerance can change over time so adjustment may be needed.
An HbA1C of 52mmol/mol is not desperately high so some tweaking of your diet should help.

Hi robrace, I wouldn't be worried but I would take it as a sign to get back on track with managing and monitoring your health.

The good thing is that you've lowered it before so can do it again, just takes some adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back