5th week of being type 1 at 54yrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoRicco

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just had my first review with the nurse and i'm soo pleased 94% in range, estimated A1C 6.0% . She was very happy with my data from wearing a Libre 2 . I have cut the amount of insulin used by half due to diet and feel great 🙂 Am enjoying a healthy balanced diet, social life with no major complications. Happy bunny

Congratulations! Long may that status quo last for you.

Just had my first review with the nurse and i'm soo pleased 94% in range, estimated A1C 6.0% . She was very happy with my data from wearing a Libre 2 . I have cut the amount of insulin used by half due to diet and feel great 🙂 Am enjoying a healthy balanced diet, social life with no major complications. Happy bunny
Congratulations from me as well. Have you been introduced to carb counting yet - where you take insulin to match the food that you're going to eat?

Thankyou.. yes the last 2 weeks i have been carb counting and reducing my insulin accordingly. I feel so much better. I have also reduced my evening dosage as kept having hypo's during the night ( i don't tend to eat much after 7pm on the whole so my nurse advised reducing from 10 to 6 and touch wood all is going well . Every now and then i'll have a piggie night and adjust accordingly. The Libre makes such a difference to diabetic life ( i know i'm only 5 weeks in but 3 weeks of not having it was a chore ). Life is good xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back