57% of Type 1s Expect a Cure by 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
More than half of people who have type 1 diabetes or have a family member or close friend with the disease expect a cure to be found in the next 10 years, according to a semi-annual survey conducted by the Juvenile Diabetes Cure Alliance.

The findings, outlined in a new report a new report (see link below) from the JDCA, show that 57 percent of people in the type 1 diabetes community think a cure will be discovered in the next decade. Another 30 percent expect a cure in the next 25 years.

However, research from the JDCA has found that the current research pipeline likely won't deliver on those expectations unless there is a shift in prioritization. The nonprofit donor advocacy organization has identified only six type 1 diabetes research projects out of the 332 currently in human clinical trials that have the potential to deliver a cure by 2025.

http://diabeteshealth.com/read/2014/03/08/8173/57-of-type-1s-expect-a-cure-by-2024/

I'm not holding my breath... 🙄

I'm another who wont be holding my breath :D

Not holding my breath for a cure, but equally, the only way to make a cure more likely is by supporting research, whether with money, volunteering as a subject, using professional skills etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back