5 year anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

litto-miss-loz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
today is 5 years since i was diagnosed with diabetes

hehe

Happy Anniversary (?) - not sure what to say really! Alex didnt want to celebrate his first year.🙂Bev

Have you treated yourself to something naughty?:D Never sure if I should congratulate people on their anniversary!😱😉

Have you treated yourself to something naughty?:D Never sure if I should congratulate people on their anniversary!😱😉

I had a big fudge cake earlier :O lol was scrummylicious :D

I dont really know what way to look at it either but hey ho.. lol

cant believe its been 5 years right enough. it has flown in...

Happy anniversary never quite know how to say it , but MMMM cake sounds amazing

Have you managed OK with it? have you sort of got used to it now? me, i'm still fairly new

I'm not sure if I should congratulate or commiserate. On the upside, diabetes has made most of us think of healthy eating and getting a healthier lifestyle, so that has to be good.

I was diagnosed just before easter 2006 so I don't celebrate, I just have a small piece of someone elses Easter Egg.

Yes happy anniversary I guess. Hard one isn't it. On the children's email group some of the kids want to recognise or mark the day, not celebrate as such as it obviously would be better not to have it but they want to go out and do something. We do that on pumping day. Our diagnosis was the day Jessica was born so can't 'celebrate' that as we celebrate her birthday so we chose when she started pumping as that is the day that changed her life. 14 December

Cake sounds great. 🙂

I had a big fudge cake earlier :O lol was scrummylicious :D

I dont really know what way to look at it either but hey ho.. lol

cant believe its been 5 years right enough. it has flown in...

Whatever way yoou look at it, enjoy your cake! :D

Happy anniversary! 🙂

I'm on year 5 too, heading for year 6 gahh!

Hope you've had a good day, and enjoyed the cake! my 10th is coming up within a month.

10 years Nikki! Phew! I must have just passed my 3 year anniversary.

Glad to hear you celebrated with cake Loz! 🙂

xx

Aww thanks for all your lovely messages everyone :D

Have you managed OK with it? have you sort of got used to it now? me, i'm still fairly new

Hey,

I have always kinda got through it.... but the main thing i have struggled with is the amount of hypos i have or had rather... i used to get lotssssssssssssss but now im more under control and its all thanks to the dafne course i would say 🙂
yeah im fairly used to it.. still cant believe its been 5 years.

how are you getting on ?? 🙂

Congrats! Who says you can't have your cake and eat it?:D Nad i say good for you for putting a positive spin on things. i think we all deserve medals for putting up with and dealing with diabetes, so you should have a special 5 year one!

Congrats! Who says you can't have your cake and eat it?:D Nad i say good for you for putting a positive spin on things. i think we all deserve medals for putting up with and dealing with diabetes, so you should have a special 5 year one!

yeah defo! only we know how hard it can be with this condition.

i like coming on this site cause i know im not the only one dealing with this condition. 🙂

thanks rachel 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back