5 Best Exercises for People with Diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
If you have diabetes, exercise offers surprising benefits. As it lowers your stress levels, it lowers your blood sugar level.

How much exercise is right for you? For people with diabetes, The National Institutes of Health (NIH) recommends 150 minutes of aerobic exercise each week. Exercise is so important for people with diabetes that the American Diabetes Association recommends that these patients miss no more than two days of aerobic exercise in a row.

5 exercises for people with diabetes

There are many exercises that will benefit people with diabetes. Here are five we recommend:

http://health.clevelandclinic.org/2014/06/5-best-exercises-for-people-with-diabetes/

I really do want to do Tai Chi especially after Saturday :D

Dancing, i used to line dance when i was younger, i miss those days of dancing like it was going out of fashion, Shame my hip doesn't allow me to do it as often as i would like now.

I really do want to do Tai Chi especially after Saturday :D

Dancing, i used to line dance when i was younger, i miss those days of dancing like it was going out of fashion, Shame my hip doesn't allow me to do it as often as i would like now.

Do find some Tai Chi classes Michelle, I am sure you would get a lot out of it 🙂

I'm working on it, although i will look into it properly when i come back from Yorkshire. I don't want to start something and then take a break :D

We walk between five and seven miles every day. This consists of three walks morning, afternoon and after dinner in the evening. Tai Chi sounds interesting will have to look into that.

There are no T'ai Chi classes conveniently near where we live. Nor Yoga.

I still keep looking but it's more difficult now they have closed the library - libraries in towns further away only advertise classes in their towns.

Tai Chi class every tuesday afternoon at the quays Northener. I found one :D

I might go to that in a few weeks time and test it out. Will let you know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back