4mm needles :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_G

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just to let you all know the penfine 4mm needles are now available on prescription 🙂

Ooh, have you tried them? Are they more comfortable? I have lots of horrible injection bruises at the moment, I would be interested to hear if people bruise less with smaller needles.

yes i was lucky to get 200 of them in june as a trial before they came out on prescription! since using them i definitely noticed that i bruise less often and they are better as you dont have to pinch the skin when you inject!

They look less daunting as well when it comes to taking the needle cap off 🙂

just a quick note though: my dsn said you have to be on 40 units or less a day to use them, just a slight catch im afraid....

My friend who is a DSN gave me a of these a little while back. The first time I used them I didn't like them as I wasn't really thinking so rammed it it as I would with my usual ones. When I was more aware of the smaller size though I loved them. I'll be speaking with my GP about changing to these ones!

Ooh, I shall ask to try them then! I take less than 40 units a day, so that's ok. Wonder why that is the limit? Maybe the amount of insulin you need is an indicator of how much subcutaneous fat you have, or something?

Hiya sorry to butt in, are they just for t1?

thanks

I have got some of these and have been trying them out for the past week and quite like them. Am considering getting my prescription changed over. The bore is smalle ron these than the 5/8mm needles so injecting large amount of insulin through the needles might be harder. I didn't hear about any limit on insulin dose but maybe that is something that your local rep/DSN has said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back