4 weeks to Omnipod

Daisycoo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am nervous!
Start pump therapy in 4 weeks and the scary’s have set in not I have my pods and Dexcom deliveries
Strangely though I didn’t get a PDM? Is that’s what it called. I have an appointment with my DSN a few days before, maybe I’ll be given one then.
Time to learn a new thing and hopefully have more headspace!

You will get a pdm so fear not as there's no other way to control pod.

Look on YouTube for omnipod user vids, you'll learn a lot about device from them, also manufacturer has some useful vids also so check out website.

You will get a pdm so fear not as there's no other way to control pod.

Look on YouTube for omnipod user vids, you'll learn a lot about device from them, also manufacturer has some useful vids also so check out website.
Thanks for letting me know. I’ll have a look on there when I get 5 minutes 🙂

Starting on a pump is a big step, but there is a lot of support from the companies online, and also loads of experience to tap into on here. I still remember that first day and being very scared but the support was great. Just take things step by step.

In these weeks in the run up, make a note of any questions that start buzzing in your head. Some you will be able to answer using the Omnipod website, others by asking questions on here and what is left your have a list to ask on the day.

Starting on a pump is a big step, but there is a lot of support from the companies online, and also loads of experience to tap into on here. I still remember that first day and being very scared but the support was great. Just take things step by step.

In these weeks in the run up, make a note of any questions that start buzzing in your head. Some you will be able to answer using the Omnipod website, others by asking questions on here and what is left your have a list to ask on the day.
I’ll definitely be having a look through the forum and on YouTube etc. I was ok until the delivery came and reality/nerves set in
Thank you - hope your swimming went well too!

hank you - hope your swimming went well too!
Thank you. Swim booked in for end of the month, and I have now sorted a plan, having looked at disconnect, walk away and then checked how long it takes to reconnect to the sensor. Now looking forward to the day.

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll have a look on there when I get 5 minutes 🙂

Important to not worry yourself silly as all will be alright on the day, either dsn or pump rep will take you through each step & any questions you have will be answered on day.

Back up support is good with Omnipod, plus once you start on a pump you should get good support from your clinic also.

When I first started on Omnipod had basal rates nailed down after first few days, after week maybe 2 weeks was completely comfortable with pump, I'm not techy buts it's pretty straight forward to understand in my opinion.

Back