3rd day in a row of being hypo at teatime but I'm going to treat then eat it the correct way

Status
Not open for further replies.

mum2westiesGill

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
So tonight is the 3rd day of going hypo right before my tea but I'm going to do it the right way which is to treat first then wait 15 minutes then test again - hopefully my level is back over 4 then I will have my tea then inject after using the reading from before tea but reduce the carb amount by 15g.

I reduced my Tresiba on Wednesday from 16 units to 15 units so I guess it's not had chance to settle down yet - I'm not sure when to reduce it again though Saturday or Sunday

Gill if I were you I would test twenty meals before the meal then if you are hypo or near hypo you can treat it rather than delaying your dinner. if you do that you then have the option of a further test just before dinner.

Gill if I were you I would test twenty meals before the meal then if you are hypo or near hypo you can treat it rather than delaying your dinner. if you do that you then have the option of a further test just before dinner.
Thanks @AJLang this is what my hubby suggested too.

This was today 3/10 at lunchtime and eating out once we'd ordered - I had no idea how long the food would be....
13:04 pm 14.1
13:18pm 13.7

teatime
19:05pm 8.0
19:32pm 6.6

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back