3rd Christmas period and I think I'm the most relexed during it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
So been diagnosed for two a bit years. The first year I was really anxious around the Christmas period and was nervous eating food(athough it was that September I was diagnosed so was still very very early days back then). I think last year I said I was more relaxed but still found myself getting frustrated a bit. This year I just gone the flow and just had whatever without worrying too much. Spent the last couple of days at my sister's and ended up having most meals out that didn't have carb content information and the one meal that wasn't out with the help of dex I have manged to spend a decent amount in range but didn't obbess about things(I don't think). Before I would have probably refused to have more then a couple of meals in week where I would have to guess a bit(or were difficult)

Last edited:
This is great. I am on my second Christmas having been diagnosed November 22.
It's great to give yourself permission to be a bit more relaxed at some times. Am not quite there but have also eaten out twice in a week with no carb count. It feels like a big step
Good for you and we know we'll be back to being conciencious again now.
Hope you continue enjoying the odd treat and not feel guilty x

in hindsight we actually don't have to limit outslefsbecause of insulin. my meels out havent been prectilclltar unheathly just didn't know the carb content/ and bloddsugers been mostly arlight thiis week with some help from me. i woke up to alerm telling it was 17 last that but brought it down and that was the frist crazzy high of the week.
Good for you and we know we'll be back to being conciencious again now.
well i dont know about that theres still alot of christmas food in the house 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back