3 years today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viki

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
And i completely forgot!! :D

The time has flown by. When i was diagnosed i couldnt imagine having diabetes for 1 year let alone 3!!

I remember lying in the hospital bed working out how many needles id have had stuck in me after a year and the nurse telling me it would all just be part of "normal" life for me before i knew it. I guess she was right, although its a very different normal to how i was before.

So Ive just polished of a piece of carrot cake as big as my head to mark the occasion. Yummy 😉

ohh I ll have a piece aswell just celebrated my 1st birthday !

Ummm.....congratulations?? What does one say on such an occasion, lol, but what a great way to mark the anniversary!!

xx

ohh I ll have a piece aswell just celebrated my 1st birthday !

'congrats' to you too, lol, or whatever's appropriate! :D

xx

Congrats Viki!

Its nice that you just noticed and feel fine! I am normal about my anniversary too, but initially used to have a small wobble/blip! Glad you are ok about it all!

And you have that lovely shiny green machine!

xx

Congrats Viki!

Its nice that you just noticed and feel fine! I am normal about my anniversary too, but initially used to have a small wobble/blip! Glad you are ok about it all!

And you have that lovely shiny green machine!

xx

Me and the bf used to do something like go out for a meal to mark it. i was rushed to hospital the morning we were supposed to fly out for our first holiday together when i was diagnosed. needless to say i never made it so we usually do something together.

Guess now we've moved in we've had enough of eachother!!

Shiny green machine (affectionately known as the "i-pod" by my colleagues!!) has its work cut out to deal with the mountain of cake i just put away!

x

oh- know exactly what you mean! eaten a ton or more of cake today and Im being attatcked by an onslaught of air bubbles. I forgot that I didnt take my insulin out the fridge the night before the last set change and Im so high (in numbers) Im off my trolley!
Thus, I am also celebrating on your behalf!

oh- know exactly what you mean! eaten a ton or more of cake today and Im being attatcked by an onslaught of air bubbles. I forgot that I didnt take my insulin out the fridge the night before the last set change and Im so high (in numbers) Im off my trolley!
Thus, I am also celebrating on your behalf!

Great - everyone needs an excuse to eat cake!

I think i will suffer in the morning, might need to schedule a 3am test and correction! Cake with icing is hard to carb count!

haha! You enjoy it girl, you deserve it! =)

'Happy' anniversary if thats appropriate! Glad you had cake too!:DBev x

What do you get for 6 months...?

A chocolate biscuit...?
:D

Happy anniversary. ill pass on the cake though thank you.. far too unhealthy for me.. oh yes and i don;t like cake 🙂

Julie

Was just about to start a thread like this! I have my fifth 'd-day' tomorrow, going over to a friend's for pizza, wine and a large chocolate cake!

Was just about to start a thread like this! I have my fifth 'd-day' tomorrow, going over to a friend's for pizza, wine and a large chocolate cake!

Happy 3rd to Viki and Happy 5th to aymes!!🙂 I think it's great that people can have a positive (or at least accepting!) attitude to their diabetes. I think, after 16 months, I'm still getting used to the idea that this will probably be with me for the rest of my life - like I'll wake up one morning and it will all be a dream!

I think, after 16 months, I'm still getting used to the idea that this will probably be with me for the rest of my life - like I'll wake up one morning and it will all be a dream!

I think it's only the last couple of years that it has really sunk in for me, I mean I always knew it was a permanent thing but the reality of that never registered fully. I do even remember the moment of one day doing an injection and the penny suddenly dropped.

Congrats both of you. I'm struggling coming to terms with this disease, but I can take heart from your attitude to it, and believe that there is life after diagnosis.

i've never done anything for my DDAY, probably because it falls on valentines day :D My 'official 14th' is coming up soon, and that's pretty much a massive milestone so maybe this year I can get roses AND a giant chocolate cake :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back