3 Reasons Why Diabetes Patch Will Be Better Than Finger-pricking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Different forms of Diabetes are raising health concerns to people around the world. Though a lifelong condition, diabetes can be kept under control by proper care. Diabetics need to adapt to dieting strategies that would help them deal with the condition better. But an inevitable part of diabetes management is the careful monitoring of blood glucose levels; and this requires invasive finger-pricking to extract blood. Extensive researches are being carried out to devise a non-invasive strategy to monitor blood glucose levels. Scientists from the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) are on the final stages of developing a patch that can be stuck to the skin to measure glucose levels. Here is a look at some of the advantages of using this patch over traditional methods.

http://www.healthaim.com/3-reasons-why-diabetes-patch-will-be-better-than-finger-pricking/10762

As long as it is accurate 🙂 I found the line "an inevitable part of diabetes management is the careful monitoring of blood glucose levels; and this requires invasive finger-pricking to extract blood" interesting, given so many of T2s here get told they don't need to test 🙄

I was told I didn't need to test and indeed I know several people who don't bother.
I insisted on being given a meter otherwise how would I know if I was eating right.
Interesting article

I was told I didn't need to test and indeed I know several people who don't bother.
I insisted on being given a meter otherwise how would I know if I was eating right.
Interesting article

I think that, in the US as it is insurance-based, people are persuaded to test as they realise this will be cheaper for them in the long run if their claimants can avoid expensive complications - which is exactly what our doctors ought to be doing! I've heard the argument that people who get strips then waste the by not testing, but the simple solution is to check their meters periodically and if they haven't been testing then cancel their strips (after finding out the reason why they aren't!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back