3 month toe tickling

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Had my toes poked and tickled, no signs of neuropathy. Lost another kilo this month. BP on the low side of normal. That's the good news...

Bad news, the doctor wants to 'reconsider' my medications, even though I'm heading in the right direction. HbA1c is now 8.4, down from 11.8. He's going to consult a diabetic expert for an opinion on how to bring them down faster.

He basically disagrees with my original doctor on the Sitagliptin* in particular. Mind you she's a wazzock so I'm reserving my opinion till I see what they come up with. So everything's up in the air again. I don't think they've really given the new drugs long enough to get a clear picture of their real effects, it's only been about a month.

*It's not something that PCT normally allows doctors to prescribe. Does it cost that much then? I should have asked why.

Good news about the feet etc.! And, I think, good news about the HbA1c too. I was told that too fast a reduction can cause problems like background retinopathy, and yours is heading nicely down I would have thought. Anyway, at least they are considering things more carefully and not treating you (wrongly) as a Type 2. Hope they get some agreement and come up with the best TREATMENT, not what costs the least.

Hi AlisonM ...

Fab news about the feet and the reduction in hb .... :D

Thanks also for making me smile ... havent heard the word wazzock for ages ... 🙂

Heidi
xx🙂

Good news about all being well with your feet. A month does seem a short time to let the medication work though - but I suppose it's a good thing that they are keeping a close eye and wanting to get your hba1c down quickly. I hope that they decide what they are doing soon xx

Classic!
larfdogg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back