2nd line treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridgie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi All. Recently been struggling with metformin for about 4 months with really bad side effects. My Hba1c was recently 55. I'm off medication at the minute to see if my symptoms stop? Dies anybody know what I might be offered as a next treatment? Any suggestions what has worked or not worked for you. I don't want something that will make me put in weight. Thanks for your help

Hi All. Recently been struggling with metformin for about 4 months with really bad side effects. My Hba1c was recently 55. I'm off medication at the minute to see if my symptoms stop? Dies anybody know what I might be offered as a next treatment? Any suggestions what has worked or not worked for you. I don't want something that will make me put in weight. Thanks for your help
Maybe paying attention to your diet and tightening up on the amount of carbohydrates you are having. If your HbA1C is 55 then that is not too bad and at a level where people have managed to reduce it by diet.
This link may give you some ideas. https://lowcarbfreshwell.co.uk/

Hi. Is the Metformin the Slow Release (SR) version? If not do ask the GP to change it. The plain version can cause real bowel upset problems which can clear up after 2-3 weeks but not always.

Hi. Is the Metformin the Slow Release (SR) version? If not do ask the GP to change it. The plain version can cause real bowel upset problems which can clear up after 2-3 weeks but not always.
Thanks. Yes it was changed from normal to slow release. Found out my B12 had dropped to 250 aswell. I didn't realise that Metformin could stop you from absorbing B12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back