28-stone care worker jailed for sitting on pensioners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A 28-stone care worker who abused elderly vulnerable people by sitting on them was yesterday jailed for nine months.

Obese Fiona Salmon, 40, from Camborne, was supposed to be looking after the pensioners but subjected them to physical and mental torment.

She pinched, slapped and manhandled residents, sprayed deodorant in an elderly woman's face and scrubbed another's face so hard she made her nose bleed. Salmon dug her nails into her victims, punched them and even threw one 99-year-old on her bed.

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/28-...g-pensioners/story-18955889-detail/story.html

Sick twisted animal 9 month no where near long enough, her victims will have a lifetime sentence mentally

nothing but pure evil....I just cant get my head around why anyone would want to treat people (let alone vulnerable people) like that. absolutely disgusting she deserves much more than 9 months.

Examples like this are why care assistants should be registered like nurses etc, so that they can be struck off if they inflict cruelty, neglect etc.

Examples like this are why care assistants should be registered like nurses etc, so that they can be struck off if they inflict cruelty, neglect etc.

Absolutely. I wouldn't be surprised if it was possible for this person to get another job in care :( Being a care worker should be a 'skilled' job i.e. people should possess the skills and compassion to be able to care for others, putting their charges above personal problems - it should not be paid as a minimum wage 'stuffing envelopes' job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back