Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmal31

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I just checked my blood sugar and it was 22.0 I haven't had a reading that shocking since I was pregnant 😡

I had a hypo when I woke up this morning and then I ate breakfast a while after that which I injected for as usual but took 1 unit off so I could do some exercise. I did half hour on my bike and then I left it an hour to check and I come up with that figure :confused:

Everytime I think that I've worked out what to do with exercise and bg's and insulin I get it wrong. I'm so angry.

I'm desperately trying to loose weight so I'm running a little higher than I would like to usually so that I don't hypo and have to treat it with sugar. I'm getting high readings and I feel quilty because I know my next hba1c is going to be terrible because of it. I can't seem to find the right balance. I really hate diabetes right now I don't want it anymore it just messes up my life.

Hi Emma so sorry to see you have had such a high reading the stress your going through in your other thread wont be helping your levels hun and lets not forget your still a new mummy and the stresses and strains that brings is no ones business, is hubby about to look after jess for you go and get a lie down if you can and close your eyes and try and empty your head of any worries i know easier said then done but try hun , xxxxhugs

Emma - Steff could be right, this may be due to stress, or it could be because of the hypo, apparently your levels can be wonky for a while after one. Try not to be too down heartened about it (I know easier said than done).

Rx

No he's at work at the min won't be home for a couple of hours so no break from Jessica until then.

I rarely get like this about diabetes but today it's making me cry. Do you ever think what did I do wrong to get this horrible condition.

No he's at work at the min won't be home for a couple of hours so no break from Jessica until then.

I rarely get like this about diabetes but today it's making me cry. Do you ever think what did I do wrong to get this horrible condition.

I have thought that alot, I am pretty sure I know what I did, abused my body for years with an eating disorder so my poor pancreas had no idea what was going on and gave up.

I think that nearly every day.

Have you done anything to correct your BSL?

Quite often hun, i do my upmost myself to keep on top of the D but it gets to grips with the best of us at times ll you can do is keep your head up and think i have all thse people around me who love me and vice versa they will help me through it, often i sit thinking if only i had not eaten that extra cake or had that extra portion of chips pre diagnosis but alas no good thinking that way, way i see it im diabetic for life i just have to make the best of it x

Yeah I did a correction straight away so hopefully it'll come down a bit in a while.

I don't want this for the rest of my life but I know there's not a damn thing I can do about it but that's just how I feel about it all.

Yeah I did a correction straight away so hopefully it'll come down a bit in a while.

I don't want this for the rest of my life but I know there's not a damn thing I can do about it but that's just how I feel about it all.

Ahh good to hear.

No-one wants to do this for the rest of their lives and I know how hard it is to accept D. It's horrible :(

PM me if you want to have a chat/rant hun xx

If it helps, mine's reading 15.0mmol at the moment :(

It does in a way. To know your not alone with this condition x

I've already said on my "Struggling To Maintain Control" thread that I have struggled with D for 6 years so I do know how you're feeling. xx

Loads of us in the same boat :(

Loads of us in the same boat :(

Unfortunately though, I have done the DAFNE course, carb count, am on at least 6 injections a day, test at least 10 times a day, check my basal and still cant control it.

Rachel-

Can't say I've done DAFNE but I do carb count, do 6+ jabs a day, test alot and I still can't control it.

It is SO frustrating. Especially when my parents make it out that it's "oh so easy"

Grrrr lol

well if it helps, I woke up well kinda brought out of a semi unconcious hypo this morning, treated by OH with lucozade then I head out the door to my doc appointment then down town to get a few things, must of been out 3 hours so tested when I got in as I felt funny and it was saying check ketones..17.5!!😱 must of been that high since the hypo this morning lol

Yeah Diabetes sucks 😉 xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back