2 weeks down the line ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Derisive One

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well I'm now two weeks down the line of my journey to getting back on track and my diabetic nurse was very happy with me!!

2 weeks ago my fasting blood sugar was 28.8!! I was put onto 10 units of Lantus to be taken every day at tea time and we'd see how things were going from there.

My daily dosage up until today had been 16 units (she's upped me to 20 units) and my bloods haven't been above 13.2 since ... the best one has been 10.1!

I'm feeling so much better within myself and I've had to change very little in my lifestyle so I'm even more determined to stick with things!!

As i've said i'm up to 20 units for tonight so I shall see how things go and hopefully I'll be completely on track again soon!!

I would just like to thank everyone for all the support that they've shown towards me also!! I honestly think that you's have a massive thing to do with me sticking with things so from the heart ... Thank you all!! XxXxX

Sounds like things are going in the right direction for you, all down to your hard work and talking to the nurse. I like good news on Friday afternoon.

It looks like you're on track. I hope that the good progress continues for you.

Well done!

Andy 🙂

Excellent news:D

Well done - hope you manage to keep it up 🙂

All sounding really positive well done x

That's great news. Well done! Brilliant that your BGs are less than half what they were :D

Have you had much help/support in matching your carbohydrate intake to your insulin doses? For some inexplicable reason some HCPs don't automatically provide information about this and it can be a great help in avoiding highs/hypos.

M

To be honest ... I've had no support with anything accept insulin!! She's not looked at my diet plan to see what i'm eating or anything to cover insulins however!! I haven't a clue about carbs, I do think this would be a good thing for me to look into ... I'll put it onto my list for things to ask her when she phones on Tuesday!!

I got given a site to do a daphne course online ... I haven't managed to get round to it as yet as i've had a lot of appointments for my son and i've been too tired to get anything sorted out lol!! I'll get onto that too!!

Thanks again for all the nice messages!! XxXxX

Keep up the Good work 🙂 A dafne course online that sounds interesting 🙂

I'll hunt out the link ... my other half has done something to the pc n i've lost all my bookmarks!! I promise i'll get back to ya!! XxXxX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back