2 week challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin62

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have the next 2 weeks off work, and we will be spending 10 days at 2 different hotels, looking forward to it, but factor in 2 birthdays and eating out all the time, my carb counting skills are going to be tested to the limits.
I have the carbs and cals and nutricheck apps to help me along though.
Bring it on !!!

Bring it on indeed Martin! Hope you thoroughly enjoy it - and OK don't go berserk intentionally but we all need to cut ourselves a bit of slack occasionally. I freely admit I've always done so on holiday - for most people that's a small proportion of an average year - and I'm not dead yet AFAIK! :D

Have an amazing time @Martin62

Could be a challenge, but weirdly sometimes I find those sorts of tricky times treat my BGs unexpectedly kindly (perhaps because I am expecting complete chaos!)

Take lots of BG strips and/or spare sensors 🙂

My advice would be to go with the flow, do extra testing and expect to have to do a few corrections along the way.
I tend to do more exercise when I am on holiday so the undercounting of carbs during my pub lunches are made up for by the walk back in the afternoon.
Make sure you have plenty of hypo treatment on you all the time and, as @everydayupsanddowns says, have an amazing time, @Martin62

Hi all
I'm back from my holiday now , managed to keep my glucose level quite good over the fortnight, no hypos, a few hypers although these were on the days I was travelling, and I suffer with very bad driving anxiety, so I put it down to the stress related to that.
So overall quite happy .
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back