2 hypos in one night :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I had two hypos last night. One around midnight/one o'clock with levels at 3.9 and another one at 6.30am with levels at 3.9 again. ARGH!!!!!!!!

Anyone got any ideas?
I only seem to go low at night and lucky I wake up to do something about them at the mo.

Hi smile, i have checked myself and been 3.9, and thought i wont treat a 3.9 and see if my bloods rise, and on a lot of occasions they have without treating it.

Why dont next time u have a 3.9 dont treat it and check again in twenty mins, myself i dont class 3.9 as low but everyone is diffrent.

Hi Lou - what time did you eat your fajitas? If it was quite late the first one could have been due to too much quick acting with your meal. The later one (to me and I am no doctor) sounds like your basal is a bit too high.

Ate them about half 5.
I'm not used to being so low Scotty, my previous levels before joining this forum were in their 20's most of the time so don't want to go to low to early.

If you had them about 5:30 it would not be the quick acting insulin still affecting your levels. Have you changed your background levels at all recently?

Hiya

You take your levemir at night don't you? Have you thought about changing it to the morning only. We found when Jessica was on Lantus that she was hypo all night and high all day so we quickly changed it to the morning as it obviously worked much better during the first 12 hours and it worked much better.

Could be worth a try.

Ok, Will be trying that from now on 🙂 Ty guys x

Ate them about half 5.
I'm not used to being so low Scotty, my previous levels before joining this forum were in their 20's most of the time so don't want to go to low to early.

Arr wright that is why you feel so low, i never seem to go over ten,

wish we could swap for a day :D

What BG did you have before bed? I've been advised not to go to bed on less than 7 as my levels drop slightly overnight anyway. You could try eating a biscuit or slice of toast before bed?

I had, I had toast before bed and a yoghurt blood was at 6.5

Hi Lou, you've been making quite a few adjustments lately which have resulted in you levels being a lot better than in the past. Personally, I wouldn't worry about a 3.9, especially if it was staying reasonable steady - it's not going to cause you any physical problems, although I can see how it must seem very low after being in the 20s a lot of the time. Don't be scared by these readings, just have a biscuit or something - try not to overtreat. The timing of your levemir might help to stop things getting quite so low in the night, but do seek advie from your DSN or doctor about the best way to change. I know your care has been very poor, but it's worth a phone call to see what they say.

I don't have one at minute. Got my first appointment on 23rd March. My levels seem to drop really quickly when they do =(

The appointment is getting closer Lou, don't dispair! You're doing great getting the carb counting and working out ratios, and tweaking your basal! I'd just say don't tweak everything at once as it can take a bit of time for your body to react to changes and fully se the patterns, well thats what my nursey told me!

Keep up the good work and lets hope for less night time hypos!

Rossi 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back